Re: Updated: Activity List for the First 5.7/10/24GHz Cumulative - Sunday 31st M

Tony Gallagher <tony_g_ireland@...>

Hi Richard,
No I dont think I tried to work him today. The main problem I have is that there's currently no one here in EI with 10ghz kit that I know of that I can use to test my transverter.

However, my firends Joe EI3IX and John EI7FAB's transverters should be ready next weekend, so thats good news! :)

Tony

--- In ukmicrowaves@..., "Richard Newstead" <g3cwi@...> wrote:

--- In ukmicrowaves@..., "Tony Gallagher" <tony_g_ireland@> wrote:

No luck today on 10Ghz, I suspect that a fault may have developed in >my transverter since I last used it, as I was opperating on the east >coast of EI at 1800feet ASL and heard nothing! Even with stations >300-+Km away.

Tony

Don't blame your gear (just yet). 300km across the mountains of Wales is quite a big ask. Sorry that I did not get across to Wales to test with you. It was rather too late in the day to be viable for me I'm afraid.

Did you test with G8DTF/p. If he was on the right side of the hill he was probably in the best location for you of the stations that were QRV this morning.

73

Richard
G3CWI

73