Re: 10Mhz reference

g0mjw <mike.willis@...>

--- In ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Gallagher"
<tony_g_ireland@...> wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone recomend a low cost 10Mhz reference for my transverter?

Thanks

Tony
Define low cost?

If you want GPS locked then the G4JNT or G3RUH designs. G4JNTs is
cheaper but you have to build it yourself, price depends on your
junkbox. A commercial reference, GPS locked from James will only cost
you £240.

For a stable not-gps-locked oscillator, I believe Charles at Taurus
still has some of the NEC/TOYO oven references. They are excellent for
the money.

Other options are old second hand HP gear, e.g. frequency counters and
signal generators which often contain an exceptional reference
oscillator that is well aged and very stable.

Mike