Re: JO 03 This sunday

Martyn G3UKV

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:54 PM
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] JO 03 This sunday

Dave ( G6KIE ) and I  plan to activate JO03 again for this sunday's 10 GHz contest.

        We've got the landowners permission and the overnight accommodation has been booked , so as long as the weather is kind we shall be on .

        Talkback will be a mixture of 144MHz and KST ( worked ok last time ) - both of us will be running 1 Watt on 3cms .

        If you are desperate to work JO03 , could you please let me know which talkback method you would prefer so that we get an idea which to concentrate on .

         The 2m will be outside by the 3cms rigs and the PC will have to live in the tailgate so I can see the screen in bright sunlight - or keep it dry - as required - so operating both at the same time is difficult.

          We will be setting off around lunch time on saturday , so won't be able to read e-mails after that.

        Looking forward to a nice big lift

            73 steve G1MPW