Re: 1.2Ghz opperation...

Tony Gallagher <tony_g_ireland@...>

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your advice and your comments. I have to put something up,
I'd love to start working europe on 23cm!. I think I would get away
with a Yagi and possibly a small rotator, neighbours or yl shouldnt
mind to much!. Sorry if this is a silly question, but is height ASL
any advantage while working tropo?

Thanks

Tony

--- In ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com, geoffrey pike <gi0gdp@...> wrote:

Hi Tony,
Are you anyway good with your hands?, if so then i suggest making 4
x26 element DL6WUs the visual impact is low. Gain about the same as 55
ele Tonna.
This is what i had for a long time and used a £39 Maplin offset
rotator to turn it all.
In the black and white days i even used a modified uhf TV aerial and
could listen to GB3MC on 1297 dead when its was on Winter Hill ,ah the
80s.
Good luck and perhaps we will make the path IO74 to 52 soon,
regards
Geoff Pike
GI0GDP