From: D&R Friend
To: ukmicrowaves@...
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 3:30:15 AM
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Re: Advice for portable 23cm beam

Hello Keith.

I made my own fit-in-a-suitcase sized one according to the standard
DL6WU design software. No, it's not 'SOTA', but it sure was fun to use
from high locations around the UK back in March-April! There was a
picture including it in Scatterpoint around that time. What you're
planning seems to also suggest a need for mechanical durability, another
significant issue!

Somehow, I don't think small size and 'SOTA' can occur together....

Best 73,

Doug Friend, VK4OE,
Brisbane, Australia.