Re: RFC: IARU Spectrum Requirements

Chris G8BKE

I totally agree with Grant ...smaller bands but with primary status.

regards

Chris G8BKE

<...snip..............>

Obviously we wish to retain the current allocations, but we don't need
all the spectrum allocated to us - for example at 10GHz - I would rather
see smaller bands with the privileges of primary status than larger
secondary bands that may be constantly under threat. The granting of
primary status would allow us the confidence that time and money could
be invested in new equipment without the perceived threat (whether real
or imaginary) that currently exists with the bands where we have
secondary status.

regards

Grant

<http://www.microwavers.org/> which has the relevant
> email links for feeding this abck
>
> The IARU doc itself is on the web at:-
> http://www.iaru.org/ac-spec06.html <http://www.iaru.org/ac-spec06.html>
>
> You have ~14 days!
>
> Apologies for the short timescale but a position needs to be put in
> by RSGB before the end of the month to the IARU-R1 Exec Committee,
> not helped with it also being the WRC-07 year.
>
> It is likely we will be taking a rather more modern and realistic
> view than the historical one online, just as some papers we put into
> Vienna were also aimed at preparing the ground. (Minutes on that are
> due to appear next week)
>
> Murray G6JYB

Yahoo! Groups Links