Topics

Divine Right Playthrough of a game

Nick Dorrell

A video playthrough of a Twilight of Divine Right game is now online - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/k%C3%BCchentisch-a-twil…

It is a fictional battle designed to give an overview of the rules, troop types, etc and a flavour of the game.

It also will give some insight to the other rules in the series as will the other videos available on this page - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/video

JC1

Hello
Video
Once you change the sw bgde to musket heavy saying ut is a normal action move wheareas in the rules it says it is not, but 3+?

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, 13:27 Nick Dorrell, <hwiccee@...> wrote:

A video playthrough of a Twilight of Divine Right game is now online - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/k%C3%BCchentisch-a-twil…

It is a fictional battle designed to give an overview of the rules, troop types, etc and a flavour of the game.

It also will give some insight to the other rules in the series as will the other videos available on this page - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/video

Nick Dorrell

Hi JC,

Yes I am afraid that on the video I often use slightly different wording to in the rules.

Changing the ratio in a Swedish Brigade is effectively a normal action test in practice but with a difference. So like a normal action test you fail on a 1 or 2 and succeed on a 3+. Unlike normal action tests when changing the ratio you can NOT use a commander to try again if you fail. To help emphasise this in the rules I used different wording, i.e. the 3+

I hope that makes sense<

Nick

Once you change the sw bgde to musket heavy saying ut is a normal action move wheareas in the rules it says it is not, but 3+?

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, 13:27 Nick Dorrell, <hwiccee@...> wrote:

A video playthrough of a Twilight of Divine Right game is now online - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/k%C3%BCchentisch-a-twil…

It is a fictional battle designed to give an overview of the rules, troop types, etc and a flavour of the game.

It also will give some insight to the other rules in the series as will the other videos available on this page - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/video

Chris

Nick

I find that is easy to do when making a video.

Chris

Once you change the sw bgde to musket heavy saying ut is a normal action move wheareas in the rules it says it is not, but 3+?

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, 13:27 Nick Dorrell, <hwiccee@...> wrote:

A video playthrough of a Twilight of Divine Right game is now online - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/k%C3%BCchentisch-a-twil…

It is a fictional battle designed to give an overview of the rules, troop types, etc and a flavour of the game.

It also will give some insight to the other rules in the series as will the other videos available on this page - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/video

Chris

I should add that many times I would redo the voice after I shot the video because I mad so many bloopers that would confuse others L

I find that is easy to do when making a video.

Chris

Once you change the sw bgde to musket heavy saying ut is a normal action move wheareas in the rules it says it is not, but 3+?

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, 13:27 Nick Dorrell, <hwiccee@...> wrote:

A video playthrough of a Twilight of Divine Right game is now online - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/k%C3%BCchentisch-a-twil…

It is a fictional battle designed to give an overview of the rules, troop types, etc and a flavour of the game.

It also will give some insight to the other rules in the series as will the other videos available on this page - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/video

Nick Dorrell

Chris,

I am afraid I am a complete novice to the video thing. I have never had one myself and I borrowed an old one off a friend to do these video. So I have no idea how, or even if I can, redo the voice on these. The whole thing gave me a lot of respect for the talents of people who do this kind of thing and make it look easy.

Clearly you have a lot more experience than I do? What kind of videos have you done?

Nick

I should add that many times I would redo the voice after I shot the video because I mad so many bloopers that would confuse others L

I find that is easy to do when making a video.

Chris

Once you change the sw bgde to musket heavy saying ut is a normal action move wheareas in the rules it says it is not, but 3+?

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, 13:27 Nick Dorrell, <hwiccee@...> wrote:

A video playthrough of a Twilight of Divine Right game is now online - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/k%C3%BCchentisch-a-twil…

It is a fictional battle designed to give an overview of the rules, troop types, etc and a flavour of the game.

It also will give some insight to the other rules in the series as will the other videos available on this page - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/video

Mark Rutledge

I think terminology is critical in this kind of presentation. So using the language of the rules as written is super important.

--
Mark Rutledge
Pastor, Trillium United Church

Chris

Of course, it is just that as an author myself I know how easy it is to slip up.  Often times using a term for something that you changed.  No excuses just fact for us amateur filmologists J

[...]

Image removed by sender.