Trollope and His Contemporaries TrollopeAndHisContemporaries@groups.io
Group DescriptionTrollopeAndHisContemporaries is a listserv group where people are invited to discuss Trollope's work and that of his 19th century contemporaries. We define the period generously from 1800-post1918, and cover all countries. We began in 1995 on Elizabeth Thompson's listserv at Majordomo and were founded as a separate group which had a dual focus by Michael Powe in Fall 1997. Our banner heading is George Hicks's painting, The General Post Office, One Minute to Six" (1860).
Donald Pleasence as Mr Harding from the BBC 1983 Barchester Chronicles.
- We are reading Trollope's The Way We Live Now. There is a brilliant 4 part film adaptation by Andrew Davies, which members are encouraged to watch and to discuss too
- And our line-up for the later winter and spring into summer: EBB's Aurora Leigh, Wilkie Collins's Woman in White, and Anne Rioux's Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy. And any and all relevant films. The a novel by Antony Trollope: we will chose from among La Vendee, Miss Mackenzie, Trollope's Editor's Tales, Kept in the Dark, John Caldigate
- We have then planned an E.M Forster summer! among the books we are contemplating: The Longest Journey, Where Angels Fear to Tread, A Passage to India, Maurice & Aspects of the Novel
- 214 Members
- 33,539 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.