A craft and model train convention with an emphasis on entry point modeling, younger members (Dad and Lad, or Lassie), and a place in the collection of the local Northern California conventions, train shows and meets. The name is undefined, since this show is a small copy of Wisconsin's Trainfest (a trademark), and would want to be called Train West, but not to be confused with Trainwest which is a train show in the United Kingdom. Hence the mouthful "Train West Fest US" to distinguish us.
Emphasis is on low cost, heavy weekend content on Friday Afternoon through Sunday Night, and an alternative to traditional events and conventions.
Location would be primarily low cost and somewhere in the geography from Dublin to Sacramento. Possible meeting time would be March (low cost convention space) or November. But everything is up for debate; nothing is cast in concrete.
- 1 Member
- 0 Topics
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]