Topics

Hornsey tour

Joyce Rosser

I know this isn’t Tottenham but some of you might be interested in this little walk.

Joyce

  • Warner Estate is Edwardian/1920s
  • Nightingale Lane Estate is pre-WW1 Hornsey UDC council housing (a conservation area) plus privately rented homes.
  • Campsbourne is mainly post-WW2 council housing
  • New River Village was built about 20 years ago (when the ratio was 50/50 private/council housing)
  • Smithfield Square is the new development including Sainsburys.

Five estates & a pub tour

11am Sunday 10th November 2019

A morning tour through the Warner, Nightingale Lane, Campsbourne, New River Village and Smithfield Square estates. The walk will also include the Moselle Brook, the New River and Hornsey High Street.  A fascinating historical and social journey. We will end up at the Three Compasses pub for refreshments. The walk will be quite leisurely and take about an hour and a half.

No need to book. If the weather is dreadful we won’t do it.

Meet by bus stop at the bottom of Redston Road, N8.  All welcome

HornseyN8 and Warner Estate Residents Association

www.wera-n8.co.uk 020 8347 7684 joyce.rosser13@...