Topics

FYI: Free event highlights at Tottenham Literature Festival

Joseph Nicholas

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Free event highlights at Tottenham Literature Festival
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 18:01:49 +0000
From: Bernie Grant Arts Centre <berniegrantartscentre@...>
To: tcs@...

FREE EVENT HIGHLIGHTS AT TOTTENHAM LITERATURE FESTIVAL

Hi Tottenham Civic Society,

This Friday, the first-ever Tottenham Literature Festival kicks off at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre, with a packed programme highlighting the work of Black authors and championing diverse children’s literature.

You can immerse yourself in performances, talks, workshops, film screenings and family events, featuring best-selling authors and poets.

Check out our round-up of free event highlights to get going!

BGAC Team

#TLF2019

FAMILY HIGHLIGHTS

2 & 9 November

Storytelling and Arts & Crafts drop in to three interactive African storytime and arts and crafts sessions, led by the folks at CultureTree.

Creative Writing Workshop with Storymix come and create a story with your children in this family writing workshop, led by children's author Jasmine Richards.

GET CREATIVE

MEET THE AUTHOR

2 & 9 November

Join the conversation at discussions with acclaimed authors, including JJ Bola (No Place to Call Home), Hannah Lee (My Hair) and Irenosen Okojie (Butterfly Fish).

These intimate discussions are led by interviewer Sarah Ozo-Irabor, creator of  Books And Rhymes podcast.

BE INSPIRED

LET'S WRITE – CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP FOR BLACK WOMEN & WOMEN OF COLOUR

2 November

Get tips on developing your writing practice and gaining confidence with the team from REWRITE, who are dedicated to supporting and championing Black women and Women of Colour writers.

You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions, interact with other members and share your work.

PUT PEN TO PAPER

THE RECORDSHOP PRESENTS...

9 November

Enjoy an evening of rhythm and words, showcasing emerging local talent, at Tottenham Originals.

This event is curated by The RecordShop founder and rap artist Mary Otumahana, aka  WondRWomN.

OPEN YOUR EARS

FESTIVAL SATURDAYS

2 & 9 November

Get the full Tottenham Literature Festival experience with one of our Saturday Festival Passes. Families, young people and adults are invited to join debates, panel discussions and workshops on themes such as; the politics of Black hair and representation in literature, mandem culture, and the evolution of Black British language and expression.

BOOK A PASS FOR SAT 2 NOV

BOOK A PASS FOR SAT 9 NOV

Bernie Grant Arts Centre

Town Hall Approach Road