Subject: Actions and Events in Haringey in September
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 08:52:12 +0000
From: Sustainable Haringey <info@...>
To: Joseph Nicholas <excellenceingardening@...>

If you would like future events to be included in these monthly emails, please email Joyce at
joyce.rosser13@...

Join our Facebook Page for updates, and feel free to post your events and information.

If you need to unsubscribe or update your subscription details, click the link at the bottom of the newsletter.

Actions and Events

Weekend 7th-8th September

Extinction Rebellion Haringey

Downhills Park, Tottenham, N17
Join Extinction Rebellion groups from Barnet, Islington, Enfield, Camden and Haringey for a weekend celebrating community spirit with family activities and live music from local bands, a variety of workshops and discussion panels on topics ranging from animal agriculture to fast fashion, a funeral march and fashion pause, people's and children's assemblies, arts and crafts and yoga classes, swarming and of course the 'Heading for Extinction' talk. Come and find out more about it, in a local setting.
And prepare for the International Uprising starting 7th October!
Sunday will be a quieter, Family day, ending with the Green Lanes Parade at 5.30pm.
Bring drums, shakers, instruments and flags for a march down Green Lanes from Turnpike Lane to Manor House, where a closing ceremony will be held.
Contact: xr.haringey@...
https://www.facebook.com/XRHaringey/

Thursday 12th September 1pm

Green Gardeners Lunch

Lordship Rec Hub cafe https://lordshiphub.org.uk/

Saturday 14th September 12pm-5pm

Tottenham Flower and Produce Show

Entries can be registered from 8.30-11am for free. Lots of stalls and workshops, food and pony rides.
This year it is in Harmony Gardens, Adams Road N17 6HE (between Lordship Rec and Broadwater Farm).
www.facebook.com/Tottenham-Flower-Produce-Show-194836821254655/

Sunday 15th September 12-4pm

Wolves Lane Community Market

Come visit friends, learn about gardening, food production and sustainable growing, and shop for everything you might need to make your garden beautiful!

Come join us – all welcome!

  • Seeds, plants, tools
  • Organic and vegan food
  • BBQs and cakes
  • Gifts and ideas
  • Creative activities for children and adults
  • Entertainment and raffles
https://wolveslane.wordpress.com/whats-on/

Sunday 15th September 3-5pm

Haringey Living Streets Public Meeting:

A Low Traffic Future for Haringey – healthier, fairer streets
Speakers: Dr Rachel Aldred, Reader in Transport, Westminster University, and Paul Gasson, Active Travel Campaigner, Waltham Forest.
To register to attend the event please click here.
Green Rooms, 13-27 Station Road, N22 6UW

Monday 16th September 6-8pm

Water Quality: what do we know about urban rivers and human health?

Haringey Rivers Forum Public Meeting:
Speaker: Professor Sarah Bell from the Engineering Exchange at University College Hospital. Her work is based on research done on the Moselle Brook. The report will be launched at the meeting.
At Lordship Rec Hub. https://lordshiphub.org.uk/

Friday 20th September

School/Global Climate Strike

This September, millions of us will walk out of our workplaces and homes to join young climate strikers on the streets and demand an end to the age of fossil fuels. Our house is on fire — let’s act like it.
We demand climate justice for everyone.
https://globalclimatestrike.net/

Sunday 22nd September ~ 12-4pm

Car Free Day

Various events across London Including “Reimagine Your Haringey Car Free”
Middle Lane, Crouch End, N8 (junction of Middle Lane and Park Road) 12-4pm
for more information smarter.travel@...
www.London.gov.uk/reimagine

Sunday 22nd September 11am-4pm

Tottenham Food and Drink Festival at Tottenham Green Market

Celebrating the diverse range of street food, produce, drink, crafts & vintage from the local area and beyond.
https://www.tottenhamgreenmarket.co.uk/

Friday 27th September

Global Climate Strike

https://globalclimatestrike.net/

This September, millions of us will walk out of our workplaces and homes to join young climate strikers on the streets and demand an end to the age of fossil fuels. Our house is on fire — let’s act like it.
We demand climate justice for everyone.

Saturday 28th September

St Ann’s Redevelopment Trust (StART) AGM

StART is a group of Haringey residents and workers who want to see the St Ann’s Hospital site used permanently for the good of all our local communities. We have initiated a community-led and transparent process for a housing development, which puts local people in control while providing genuinely affordable homes, promoting health and wellbeing, and creating a green neighbourhood.

http://www.startharingey.co.uk/

Sunday 29th September 11am -6pm

Tottenham Ploughman is Back

Part of the Urban Food Fortnight. Featuring Wildes Cheese, Redemption Brewery, Celtic Bakery, Prestige Patisserie, Living Under One Sun, all based in Tottenham, plus music and more.
In the evening 7pm – 10pm they are once again hosting a Crayfish Boil with Crayfish Bob. info@...
All at Lordship Rec Hub. https://lordshiphub.org.uk/

Monday 30th September, 7.30pm

Documenting Food Waste - Chris Owen

Muswell Hill Sustainability Group Public Meeting
Chris King is a local documentary and portrait photographer and video producer who has spent the last five years documenting the issue of food waste.
Taking a solutions approach, Chris will share what he has witnessed and learned about the issue.  Come to hear his stories of people and organisations working to reduce the amount of edible food needlessly going to waste.
Organised by Muswell Hill Sustainability Group www.mhsgroup.org
Free admission, refreshments.
RSVP to info@...
Muswell Hill Methodist Church,