The Tottenham Civic Society was established in April 2006 following mounting public concern about inappropriate redevelopment proposals for the Tottenham High Road Historic Corridor and a desire for something better.
Historically, Tottenham was one of the satellite villages of early modern and 18th century London, and has a fine architectural heritage. Until recently, however, it had suffered from decades of neglect. The situation has begun to change, with some money being spent on the renaissance and regeneration of stretches of the High Road, but there is still a long way to go -- not just to restore older buildings, but to improve the overall quality of life of the built environment: parks, architecture, employment opportunities; to encourage the appropriate and sustainable regeneration of Tottenham.
We won't get there overnight, of course. But if you're interested in the future of Tottenham, visit our website at http://www.tottenhamcivicsociety.org.uk/ and consider joining us.
- 78 Members
- 7,190 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.