Re: Show us your Thrusters!

Matthew Williams

Just an observation my Jabiru engine could overheat and this led to me having to constantly adjust the tappit clearances. Overheating any metal object leads to warping which is why the engine went POP one day. Parts were going to be a joke price so I just gave up the whole aircraft at that point. Aircooled engines are a bit of a joke if you ask me and I would never consider one ever again. Lack of Ultralam skins from Thruster and the move to skins which will only last you a few years at best have put the nail in the coffin for Thruster sales in my opinion. I think I had some of the last ever full set of Ultralams from Thruster and apaprently they cant get them anymore because they say they dont make ULTRALAM.... funny that because I was able to source it for them and contacted the parent company who own the rights to the Ultralam Process and they were happy to supply. This fell on deaf ears at Thruster so you have an aircraft company that doesnt listen using engines that you cant get parts for. Truster actually told me they wanted me to try new skins that werte untested by them and I would have to get the certified. Does that sound like a fair thing for me to have to do so everyone behind me could get the skins on their aircraft based on the cert work I did.  HELLLLLLOOOOOOO. Hmmmmm..... I see why they failed.  Great aircraft otherwise so what a shame.

Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:11 PM
To: Thrusterclub@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Thrusterclub] Show us your Thrusters!

BZNP was purchased from Derryogue in Northern Ireland in January 2017 and brought to Priory Farm by road. She remained there with wings off while I had some areas of the skins repaired and cleaned and repainted the tail feather frames. I also had the prop inspected and refurbished, replaced a few cables, the tyres and tidied the electrics. When I got my license in July 2018, I had her inspected for Permit. My first flight in her since purchase was the check flight, assisted by a very helpful club member and Thruster owner at Priory Farm.

After a few very enjoyable hours of flying, the Jabiru engine suffered a dropped valve on my way back from Northrepps in February 2018, leading to a deadstick landing in a field. All went well, with both pilot and aircraft re-useable. Since then, I have wasted most of a year trying to get ‘genuine’ parts from Jabiru, before deciding to source parts independently. The engine is now in a workshop which I can’t access under the current restrictions, but she will be reassembled and permitted as soon as possible.

From: Thrusterclub@groups.io [mailto:Thrusterclub@groups.io] On Behalf Of quickieq2uk via groups.io
Sent: 10 May 2020 12:36
To: Thrusterclub@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Thrusterclub] Show us your Thrusters!

It’s great seeing everyone’s Thrusters. Keep them coming. 

Pete Twissell
Mechatronic Engineer
Multimatic Technical Centre Europe
20 Fison Way
Thetford, Norfolk
United Kingdom
IP24 1HJ
Tel.    +44 1842 755744

www.multimatic.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This email (and attachments, if any) contain(s) information that is PRIVATE and CONFIDENTIAL, and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. All copyright is reserved, and no right or license is granted to duplicate or publish the content of this email or to forward it to third parties, without, in each case, specific permission. If you have received this email in error, you must not copy, distribute, retain or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose (other than to notify the sender). If you believe that you are not the intended recipient of this email, please contact the sender immediately and delete this email from your computer system (including any archive or other storage facilities). Thank you.

Join Thrusterclub@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.