WELL-PAID SPIRITUAL WORK.

Ramu

WELL-PAID SPIRITUAL WORK.

NEWS:
Pope cuts pay for cardinals as Vatican finances hit by pandemic*. (See link below.)

I am told salaries and emoluments, especially in the name of honorarium, are at all time high with significant recent hikes to many favorite select so-called honorary officers in Adyar (in addition to many subsidized and free amenities & facilities they enjoy) and that the payscale employees/workers continue to get pittance and continue to be treated as menial slaves. I do not know much about the TSA salary situation and the job market in and around it. May be the increasing number of potential donors being enticed will know.

Probably, unlike Adyar, Vatican may not incur much legal expenses towards self-inflicted lawsuits and may not be paying huge fees to complaisant Accountants and Auditors.

*
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56515367

Ramu

M K Ramadoss

Thanks for sharing.
No one should be surprised.
In early 1900s there were 50 unpaid volunteers at Adyar including Olcott, Besant, CWL and others.
Current International president was on salary from day one he assumed office heading American Section and continued to wear two hats - International and American Section and drawing salary from American Section.
Even after he left the office heading American Section, he was drawing a salary for sharing his wisdom with the American Section.
We all know of the above due to the transparency required under USA laws.
India does not have such transparency requirements. So we have believe whatever we hear of the money paid to officers at Adyar.
Oh by the way American Section gets $1million annually from Kern Trust and they have a handful of volunteers.
The pity is after paying everybody, the membership is going down.
In the USA, there is no diversity and this is an issue that would hurt theosophy - lack of diversity plus all salaried staff including the National President.
Money may bring down TS. With no money Olcott and HPB build TS. But we are witnessing a very sad situation.
Peace

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:44 PM Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:
[...]

Steven Chiang Mai

Nothing to do with diversity – can you play another song?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Sure

Well paid "salaried priests" enjoying theosophy money.
TS earning a lot of good Karma for feeding the "salaried priests" while membership going down.
Of course in USA HQ everyone is salaried (starting with National President) except a handful of "volunteers". We do not know if the "volunteers" too get paid "honorarium" !!! And no DIVERSITY!!!
Facebook has a post today disclosing kicking out a "minority" who was a member of theosophical society for more than 63 years!!!
Great message to minorities in USA!!!!
Time to pray to our Gods and Gurus!
Peace

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 9:52 AM Steven Chiang Mai <stevenslava@...> wrote:

[...]