THE BIGGEST & THE MOST HUMBLING PARADOXICAL TRUTH

Ramu

THE BIGGEST & THE MOST HUMBLING PARADOXICAL TRUTH

There is no 'I' as an entity. There is no cell, tissue or organ as 'I' anywhere in the body. The brain, of which the mind is a product ('mind is an independent child of the brain', according to J Krishnamurti), creates a notional center, a phantom, a false sense of 'self'. The mind establishes the notional center, 'I', for its convenience, continuity and security which also becomes a convention*. So is the case with the 'me', 'mine' and a sense of separateness from the other notional 'you', 'he' or 'she'.

Hence there is no self; only a false sense-of-self, an illusion.

(That which animates the inanimate body with its brain and leaves them at death, may be the real self. But there is no demonstrable proof for that. It is only an inference. The notional sense of self cannot feel or even understand that self which may be behind the activities of the mind - a mind beyond the brain-mind.)

* p.s. When the formation of the mind with its strengthening of ego has not begun in a very young child, the child often refers to itself in third person, by name. This indicates that it is the growing and strengthening mind that creates and strengthens the (notional) 'I'.