True Facts Needed about membership in USA

M K Ramadoss

There is also another great hurdle to help blacks to join Theosophical Society in America and spread theosophy to the black community.
Everyone knows that almost all theosophical leaders are members of the Esoteric Section.
As members, they are personally pledged to the Head of ES, who is a White woman living in Australia.
When a prospective black man or woman learns about this, they are not going to join the TS.
Anyone has any ideas to address this serious issue?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 12:58 PM M K Ramadoss <mkr777@...> wrote:
Thanks for your response

American Section has very serious problems.
Its membership is declining. It was 8000 forty years ago and now it is 3370. This is less than what it was in 1900.
Kern foundation is donating $1million+ annually and now Fetzer Trust ($600million) is donating undisclosed amounts. Cleveland lodge sends $50000 annually. There are well paid qualified scholars and professionals at the National Headquarter.

With all this there are very very very few afro american members. We dare American Section disclose the statistics.
Theosophy has not spread to the afro americans.
This is a significant segment of minority population in USA.
This is a very critical sensitive issue in USA. Only those who have lived long years in USA understand the sensitiveness. Theosophists outside USA will have a very difficult time to understand this issue.

So far none of the leaders have talked about it. Have not seen any plans to address it.

Unless this is addressed urgently,  Theosophical Society in America is going face difficulties since it is benefiting from american taxpayer money due its tax exempt status. TS is answerable to taxpaying public.

Truth is sometimes bitter.

But for Internet and independent forums such as this, we would not be discussing it.
If anyone has ideas how to solve the lack of diversity in USA theosophists, their ideas are welcome.
Need help. Silence is not an answer.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 12:40 PM Pavel Axentiev <eternaldelight100@...> wrote:
Why all this vitriol towards the American section?

With all due respect, I think by this constant barrage of emails you are undermining the unity of the Theosophical movement and, by certain standards, committing grave acts of misconduct by sowing discord in the Theosophical Society.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 8:55 AM Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:
Joe Biden calls for return to 'truth and transparency'.

Will this inspire all TS leaders to start practicing Truth & Transparency- the most acute needs of the TS?

M K Ramadoss

[...]

Pavel Axentiev

Why all this vitriol towards the American section?

With all due respect, I think by this constant barrage of emails you are undermining the unity of the Theosophical movement and, by certain standards, committing grave acts of misconduct by sowing discord in the Theosophical Society.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 8:55 AM Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:
Joe Biden calls for return to 'truth and transparency'.

Will this inspire all TS leaders to start practicing Truth & Transparency- the most acute needs of the TS?

M K Ramadoss

One of the most troubling facts is the lack of diversity in membership of TS in America. There are very very few black (afro american) members. This has been the case since 1875.
Theosophy is greatly needed in USA and with right presentation can attract the masses.
The seriousness of lack of diversity can be understood only if facts are available.
There is no disclosure of the number of members in USA in -

Theosophical Society
Esoteric Section (this is no more secret and the interlocking is also no secret)
Egyptian Rite (the super secret invitation only group - a lot of info recently published)

Once we know the numbers, we can all see seriousness of the situation. Theosophy cannot be spread to the masses without addressing the minorities in USA who are growing each day. If theosophy is seen as a cult and appealing to only white men and women, soon there would be a public outcry and will hurt true theosophists (who are selfless volunteers and are not making a living from or enjoying theosophy money!) and what further problems will arise, we do not know. HPB once commented on the possibility of TS shutting down in USA and stated the TS will never die in India.

Lack of diversity is a very very critical issue. Hope the leaders wake up and come with a plan to take theosophy to the masses in USA.

Peace

MKR