MAN, KNOW THY PLACE!

Pavel Axentiev

Nice quote, that last one. To the point)

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 8:30 PM jeffndc via groups.io <jeffndc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Here is Blavatsky on the topic:

HPB said:

“The third basic idea to be held is that Man is the microcosm. As he is so, then all the Hierarchies of the Heavens exist within him. But in truth there is neither Macrocosm nor Microcosm but ONE EXISTENCE. Great and small are such only as viewed by a limited consciousness. Fourth and last basic idea to be held is that expressed in the Great Hermetic Axiom. It really sums up and synthesizes all the others: ‘As is the inner, so is the outer; as is the great so is the small;  as it is above, so it is below; there is but One Life and Law: and he that worketh it is ONE. Nothing is inner, nothing is outer; nothing is great, nothing is small; nothing is high, nothing is low, in the Divine Economy’.”

On Oct 2, 2020, at 11:27 PM, jeffndc via groups.io <jeffndc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Perhaps others in this group would like to chime in, too.

On Oct 2, 2020, at 10:06 PM, Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:

"Each of us contains the spark of universal consciousness."

Is that some theory?

What is the basis of assertion of "universal consciousness" and for each of us containing its spark?

Thanks
Ramu

jeffndc

On Oct 2, 2020, at 11:27 PM, jeffndc via groups.io <jeffndc@...> wrote:

[...]

Over the years I’ve practiced meditation and precepts I have encountered through reading and personally practicing mindful awareness. My sources include Krishnamurti, gurdjieff, Crowley, the Gita, Blavatsky, Jung among others. It is a belief from my experience that we are connected to a universality the Jung in particular called the collective consciousness. I find this concept to be true from my experience. Of course, everyone must find their own path.

Jeff

On Oct 2, 2020, at 10:06 PM, Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:

"Each of us contains the spark of universal consciousness."

Is that some theory?

What is the basis of assertion of "universal consciousness" and for each of us containing its spark?

Thanks
Ramu

Ramu

"Each of us contains the spark of universal consciousness."

Is that some theory?

What is the basis of assertion of "universal consciousness" and for each of us containing its spark?

Thanks
Ramu

jeffndc

Each of us contains the spark of universal consciousness and one of the reasons we have the gift of awareness is to recognize this.

On Oct 2, 2020, at 8:42 PM, Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:

Yes, it makes sense to me that there is no separation between me and the whole. But the analogy of spark doess not make sense to me.

Ramu

Ramu

Yes, it makes sense to me that there is no separation between me and the whole. But the analogy of spark doess not make sense to me.

Ramu

jeffndc

The spark is a part of the whole and therefore contains the whole. The is no separation between me and the universe.

On Oct 2, 2020, at 7:07 PM, Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:

MAN, KNOW THY PLACE!

Can an infinitesimal part of an infinite whole understand the infinite whole?

Can a small screw in a ship work with the knowledge of the functioning of the ship?

Can that which operates within time understand the timeless or the eternal?

Can one that functions within the narrow fields of sensory perception, memories and brain-contained intellect, understand the Omniscient?

Can the tail wag the dog?

Well, it just occurred to me that I am an infinitesimal part of a infinite and deterministic Universe. In a deterministic universe, isn't it a delusion to believe in freewill?

Ramu