Virtual International TS Convention

M K Ramadoss

Thanks for your response.
The problem faced by theosophy in USA is rather unique.
There is constant request for donations even though a Trust gives $1million plus annually. Everyone in the top management are salaried employees.
The membership is not growing and has gone down 50% in last 40 years.
The demography/multi-cultural of USA is unique. Most people outside the country cannot understand the unique cultural makeup unless you have lived for years.
In addition, cancelling membership (of long time members)  is a serious obstacle to growth. This truth cannot be hidden in today's Facebook and Twitter environment when news travels fast - good and bad.
Unless something is drastically done, the following is going to go down and theosophy cannot spread to those who really needs it.
It is hoped the leaders start discussing this serious problem and develop solutions. It is going to take time to solve the negative trend.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 9:01 PM Pavel Axentiev <eternaldelight100@...> wrote:
Thanks for the announcements.

I think it’s important to maintain the purity of Theosophy, rather than popularize it too much.

The Theosophical movement will spread when there are mature, serious Theosophists.

The American section (if that’s a correct way to call it) is currently presenting a great variety of programs to various audiences, obviously making a great number of efforts in the directions it sees best.

One should be careful to not make a fledgling birdling to spread its wings too fast, lest it becomes a variety of bird that no one cares about.

Peace,
Pavel
The “American” section

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 9:56 PM M K Ramadoss <mkr777@...> wrote:
Many thanks Jayananda for your quick response.
I agree personal interaction is the most effective way to communicate. Corona Virus, at this time has given us no choice.
I would like to speak about the serious problem I see in USA.
Today, there is no diversity among theosophists mirroring the multi-cultural society. Theosophists have dropped 50% since the days of Dora Kunz and no one wants to talk about it. The demography of theosophists in USA today is almost the same as it was in 1875. Unless efforts are made to rejuvenate the vibrancy of branches, and branches get active in local issues, theosophy cannot reach minorities. Some time ago, I noticed the Cleveland lodge sent most their money to Wheaton and spending peanuts for local charitable efforts. This seems to be going on for years. In a city with half the population from afro american ethnicity, the lodge does not seem to have any members from the minority.
The future of theosophy in USA is at risk unless it is taken to the minorities and other cultures.
If anyone has any better ideas, it will be helpful if they call the leaders and share them. Status quo and silence can destroy theosophy movement in USA. It is a hot potato no one either cares to discuss or fears shaking the feathers of leadership because they may be kicked out.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 11:34 PM Jayananda Hiranandani via groups.io <professorjaya=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Many thanks for your observations. Mr. Ramdoss.

I do not believe that working from different places in the world is a good idea. People in one place can communicate better.

I have in mind online classes in educational institutions. The students in a traditional class structure, i.e.in person classes, learn better, help each other and accomplish more. I have 36 years of teaching experience at College level.

We do not have night and day at the same moment everywhere in the world. The efficiency of human performance is good during the day. In my 16 years of working in automotive and electronics industries, I have heard that there are more mistakes in the night shift. In fact the night shift is called the grave yard shift. I have heard that some people in night shift drink, and then what happens:"A man takes a drink, the drink takes a drink, the drink takes the man."

Jayananda Hiranandani

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 08:11:57 PM PDT, M K Ramadoss <mkr777@...> wrote:

Virtual

International TS Convention

Details

are at Adyar Website

It

is the first time Convention is held without physical gathering of

members. Elected Leaders will miss enjoying a vacation at Adyar fully

paid by theosophy money. Members, mostly from India, also do not have

to spend money to travel to Adyar. Corona Virus should be thanked for

saving so much money and simplifying the convention.

The

precursor to virtual convention was TS getting part-time itinerant

visiting International President. Virtual convention raises the

question why TS needs the buildings and property in Adyar.

Administrative functions can be handled by a small staff working from

their homes anywhere in the world. Covid19 is indeed changing the way

businesses are conducted. We can look forward to a great future with

Internet and social forums playing a key role.

Keep

tuned

Pavel Axentiev