Re: SPACE - HAVE I GOT IT ALL WRONG?

Pavel Axentiev

From one angle, space is the subtlest veil of Maya because it obfuscates our perception of the Totality via introduction of the categories of distance, position, and size.

That is, because of space we can only see other objects from our particular angle, never quite taking in the whole impression.

Objects that are very remote, appear non-existent.

We see things only as related to our own size, or scale. For example, we cannot view atoms and galaxies in the same fashion, for they seem to us as infinitely separated in scale... Yet similar laws appear to manifest on both levels.

On the other hand, space might teach us humility, by showing us the relative insignificance of any individual before the Whole.
Kind regards,

Pavel A.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 3:53 PM Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:
SPACE - HAVE I GOT IT ALL WRONG?

My doubt is 'is there anything or any entity, like space'?

Isn't space simply the gap between two or more objects, or two or more reference points.

If the reference points or the objects move, space also moves.

If I say space is so much (visible or beyond) then I have to explain what is beyond that limited space.

So, in a way, isnt' space a dynamic creation rather than a thing in itself.

Perhaps that is why Space is the purest of the 5 basic constituents (panchamahabhutas) of all that exist.

All matter is composed of five basic elements — panchamahabhutas — earth (pritvi), water (jala), fire (tejas or agni), wind (vaayu) and space (aakaasha).