Re: True Facts Needed about membership in USA

M K Ramadoss

Thanks for your response

American Section has very serious problems.
Its membership is declining. It was 8000 forty years ago and now it is 3370. This is less than what it was in 1900.
Kern foundation is donating $1million+ annually and now Fetzer Trust ($600million) is donating undisclosed amounts. Cleveland lodge sends $50000 annually. There are well paid qualified scholars and professionals at the National Headquarter.

With all this there are very very very few afro american members. We dare American Section disclose the statistics.
Theosophy has not spread to the afro americans.
This is a significant segment of minority population in USA.
This is a very critical sensitive issue in USA. Only those who have lived long years in USA understand the sensitiveness. Theosophists outside USA will have a very difficult time to understand this issue.

So far none of the leaders have talked about it. Have not seen any plans to address it.

Unless this is addressed urgently,  Theosophical Society in America is going face difficulties since it is benefiting from american taxpayer money due its tax exempt status. TS is answerable to taxpaying public.

Truth is sometimes bitter.

But for Internet and independent forums such as this, we would not be discussing it.
If anyone has ideas how to solve the lack of diversity in USA theosophists, their ideas are welcome.
Need help. Silence is not an answer.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 12:40 PM Pavel Axentiev <eternaldelight100@...> wrote:
Why all this vitriol towards the American section?

With all due respect, I think by this constant barrage of emails you are undermining the unity of the Theosophical movement and, by certain standards, committing grave acts of misconduct by sowing discord in the Theosophical Society.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 8:55 AM Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:
Joe Biden calls for return to 'truth and transparency'.

Will this inspire all TS leaders to start practicing Truth & Transparency- the most acute needs of the TS?