No Black Theosophists in USA ???

M K Ramadoss

Kern foundation grants $1million annually. American Theosophical Society Headquarter have well paid well qualified professionals. Yet membership is shrinking. No growth in diversity while the main object of theosophy is Universal Brotherhood.

Lack of black members and no concerted effort to take theosophy to them. Theosophists can learn from christian missionaries about taking the faith to the people and not other way around.

None of the leaders in USA have discussed the problem during last 50 years. So the direction American Theosophists have taken is pitiful. Unless there is a change in direction, future looks bleak. Here is a comment from Wall Street Journal --

“I grew up black in the 1960s in a small South Carolina town. Trust me, today’s America is nothing like it was then. And even under segregation, the marginalization was not total. My father was a plumber, my mother a school librarian. We were treated kindly. The local shopkeepers wanted our business, but they also wanted to avoid trouble from the few who believed wholeheartedly in racial segregation.

The segregation wasn’t uniform. One doctor had a separate waiting room; the other didn’t. Ditto for the town’s two dentists. Once the 1964 Civil Rights Act outlawed separate facilities, things opened up very quickly.

Many of the authors, commentators and journalists who spend all their energy thinking and talking about race today fail to acknowledge how much has improved with regard to race in this country. There are countless successful black Americans today—doctors and lawyers, entrepreneurs and academics, journalists and artists, compassionate politicians and famous Hollywood actors.”

A TRUE THEOSOPHIST CANNOT KEEP SILENT AND SUPPORT STATUS QUO.

THEOSOPHY WILL BE SEEN EXCLUSIONARY AND AMERICAN THEOSOPHISTS AS RACIST.

Time to act before events overrun theosophy movement in USA