Re: Virtual International TS Convention

Jayananda Hiranandani

Many thanks for your observations. Mr. Ramdoss.

I do not believe that working from different places in the world is a good idea. People in one place can communicate better.

I have in mind online classes in educational institutions. The students in a traditional class structure, i.e.in person classes, learn better, help each other and accomplish more. I have 36 years of teaching experience at College level.

We do not have night and day at the same moment everywhere in the world. The efficiency of human performance is good during the day. In my 16 years of working in automotive and electronics industries, I have heard that there are more mistakes in the night shift. In fact the night shift is called the grave yard shift. I have heard that some people in night shift drink, and then what happens:"A man takes a drink, the drink takes a drink, the drink takes the man."

Jayananda Hiranandani

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 08:11:57 PM PDT, M K Ramadoss <mkr777@...> wrote:

Virtual International TS Convention

Details are at Adyar Website

It is the first time Convention is held without physical gathering of members. Elected Leaders will miss enjoying a vacation at Adyar fully paid by theosophy money. Members, mostly from India, also do not have to spend money to travel to Adyar. Corona Virus should be thanked for saving so much money and simplifying the convention.

The precursor to virtual convention was TS getting part-time itinerant visiting International President. Virtual convention raises the question why TS needs the buildings and property in Adyar. Administrative functions can be handled by a small staff working from their homes anywhere in the world. Covid19 is indeed changing the way businesses are conducted. We can look forward to a great future with Internet and social forums playing a key role.

Keep tuned