Re: MONEY DRIVEN FUTURE OF THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY ---

Pavel Axentiev

I would think that the salaries are not as important as the upkeep of the property, as well as paying the staff for for other services (library, etc.).

If you lived in the US, you probably would not think that somebody could be a full-time volunteer, running a successful organization, unless they were “filthy rich“ from the start.

It’s important to be cognizant of the circumstances in which we apply our ethical values. So far, as a TSA member, I can tell that the amount of work that the organization’s workers have been doing, has been quite remarkable. It does take a lot to keep the organization afloat. And in our digital age, even that amount of work sometimes seems insufficient to provide proper exposure to the movement in the country in which it was born.

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 7:40 PM M K Ramadoss <mkr777@...> wrote:
How events shape up in the USA will be interesting to watch.
Current scale of operation cannot last long.
When everyone at the HQ is salaried, does it not tell something?
Strange are the ways of future.

MKR

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 12:59 AM Ramu <peacebliss@...> wrote:
Whether money driven or power driven or not, it has always been driven by the personal agenda of the President aligned with which are the personal agendas of the coterie.

I don't see scope for change by which the TS agenda and interest will be driving the work as long the rules are not made and followed in accordance with the relevant Act.

Ramu