Appeal from American Section

M K Ramadoss

Theosophy News
Published by Theo Sophia · 18 mins ·

BREAKING NEWS - APPEAL FROM NATIONAL PRESIDENT OF AMERICAN SECTION OF THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY -- FOUND ON FACEBOOK --- WILL POST OUR VIEWS SOON --

This is from Barbara Hebert, president of the Theosophical Society in America:

"I have to address the difficult decisions the pandemic has required us to make on finances. After closing our headquarters and paying staff for a month, it became clear that it was not financially responsible to continue in this way. With little to no revenue coming in because of the closure and the volatility of the stock market, I made the very difficult decision to furlough about two thirds of our staff. To my knowledge, furloughing staff has never occurred in our long history, and it was truly heartbreaking for everyone.

"The TSA has been very fortunate through the years to be supported by dedicated members from its inception and by The Kern Foundation for the past fifty years.

"Many people are not aware, however, that The Kern Foundation has been cutting its grant significantly every year for the last several years. Additionally, it has never supported brick-and-mortar projects, and our headquarters is now almost a hundred years old, with all the complications of a building of that age.

"Possibly because of the support of The Kern Foundation and the existence of the Theosophical Investment Trust, many TSA members have not felt that it was necessary to financially support the TSA’s work. Unfortunately, this is not accurate. Even both of these organizations together cannot provide all of the support for a professional staff (who work for wages significantly below the national average for not-for-profit organizations) and an aging building—as well as to expand the outreach for the Ageless Wisdom.

"The TSA needs the support of its members and friends—especially in these extremities. Please contribute as much as you can, as soon as you can. Your support, in whatever way you share it, keeps a vehicle for sharing the Ancient Wisdom healthy and stable. We need your support as we never have before."