SOS FROM WHEATON -- BE GENEROUS - SEND MONEY ---

M K Ramadoss

Theosophy News
Published by Theo Sophia · 8 hrs ·

SOS FROM WHEATON -- BE GENEROUS - SEND MONEY ---
Saw a frantic message from Wheaton needing your donation to meet the downturn in business due to Covid19. Already two thirds have been furloughed. Assume all the top salaried are safely holding on to their jobs and paychecks.

Difficult to understand the paradox. It has $17million in bank and the money can be used to meet the downturn and pay the staff. They need the money to keep roof over their head and feed their families. Money is there to be used and not to be accumulated. Need to learn theosophical logic of not using the money but wanting you and me to send our donations.

In addition to money in the bank, it is not hurting for income. Annually gets $1million+ from Kern and $50,000 from Cleveland lodge.

Now is the time to review misspent money such as funding third outside parties who may be harming theosophy than helping. Stop paying to lecturers like Boyd (to do his duty) and find volunteers who are willing to sacrifice to contribute to the welfare of Wheaton. Cut salaries of top paid. If they are not happy, let them leave. We can find find volunteers if you look hard.

Spending more money in bookkeeping than other key areas. Even with good in house accountants, the outside accountants are paid $100K - $150K annually. Need to cut their fees. The fees does not spread theosophy.

Now is the great opportunity to revamp and put Wheaton on a diet to make it nimble like what it was in early days when membership were vibrant and grew.

Don't look for new ideas from Ojai. You can find them on Facebook if you ask. And it does not cost anything and objective and not controlled by anyone pretending to have divine wisdom.

Peace

People Reached
2
Engagement