Re: Some thoughts on declining membership

M K Ramadoss

Thanks for you response.

Membership shrinkage is an important issue and very rarely it is discussed by the elected leaders who are very happy with the control of money and property TS has. In addition, in monetary matters there is lack of transparency as well.

While membership is shrinking, one cannot understand the escalating fees paid to outside accountants in USA and wonder if they are providing any direct help is spreading theosophy or something else important is going on that is withheld from members.

As current plans and policies are not working, there should be some quick action in new direction.

For young men and women who want to join, the secret kicking out of life members in India and especially from Adyar raises a question if TS has become a cult with authoritarian policies.

M K Ramadoss

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:14 PM Jayananda Hiranandani via Groups.Io <professorjaya=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
From time to time, I have seen writers drawing attention to the declining interest.

There are many reasons, I believe.

Firstly, i has been a great success because in India because it took part in the renaissance that started in the nineteenth century.

Secondly, nowadays,especially in USA and the West, there are other groups that use eastern and other ideas that offer glamour and glitter that attract.

Thirdly, Krishnamurti attracted such huge audiences because as he spoke people joined in the exploration. One did not feel that there was one way traffic. He addressed matters that were not theoretical or philosophical but actual.

There could be other reasons. I will write further when I have more thoughts.

Jayananda Hiranandani