FUTURE OF TS AS SEEN BY A MEMBER –

.:.

Theosophy News
Published by Theo Sophia · 6 mins ·

FUTURE OF TS AS SEEN BY A MEMBER –
A TS member made the following comment:

“Because of the older age profile of the members … and the fact that there is hardly any growth from younger members, the number of members will probably shrink in the coming years.”

This any objective viewer can clearly see. TS and its leaders are absent from Twitter and Facebook and it is obvious that a de facto boycott of these forums is going on. In effect there is a serious disconnect with the public.

Where do young people get their info? Thru their phone. And Google is the main search engine used.

When young prospective persons read about Ramsey episode and the interlocking between TS and ES and the silence of the members, and lack of financial transparency and arbitrary kicking out of members and ensuing litigation, and some theosophists attacking other theosophists, there is no incentive to join TS.

In the above environment, theosophy is looked on as a sect and is developing a bad reputation. So even when we talk about the great gems in theosophy, it is viewed with suspicion.

Unless there is a radical turnaround, the current trend of shrinking and continued unfavorable view will continue.

It is now the responsibility of you and me, to take on the challenge to spread theosophy by our own personal actions and so the public will know that to benefit from the gems of theosophy you do not need an intermediary to lead you by the nose! [Lord Buddha's message]

The tools of Internet is in your and my hands and no one can interfere in our use to spread theosophy as each one of us understands. And all it needs is access to Internet.

Godspeed

No photo description available.