Re: Dictatorship at Adyar?

jeffndc

The general council has not responded to any of the issues that have been legitimately raised by members about their so-called "leadership" and this charade of an election.  I am a member and have every right to raise these questions.  The GC does operate in secrecy since they don't feel accountable to members who have been termed "ballast" by the elite who feel they can prop up whoever they want without accountability.  I resent being demonized as a "muck-raker" when I am raising questions relating to the credibility and forthrightness of the GC.  I will post my opinions and ask questions as I see fit, regardless of name calling or blind obeisance to the clique that scoffs at the general membership.  I have yet to hear from any of them despite asking since RB's death.  I particularly have maintained a tone of inquiry and deference, but you meet that with contempt and your right, it isn't fair to me and the members who have a right to seek the truth within the society.

Jeff

From: Dara Tatray
To: "jeffndc@..."
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30 PM
Subject: Dictatorship at Adyar?

There was no secrecy. The vote took place in accordance with the Rules of The Theosophical Society. The vote is by the GC only. Not the members at large. If I wanted to be uncharitable I could suggest that this is just muck-raking, very literally. You cannot accuse people of dictatorship when they have been democratically elected (by a vote of the Council). It isn’t fair: and it isn’t accurate. Fortunately most people will just ignore it: unlike the present writer!

Dara Tatray
National Secretary,
The Theosophical Society in Australia,
4th Floor, 484 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Phone: (+61 2)
92646404
Fax:     (+61 2) 9264 5857
Email:  natsec@...

This e-mail is confidential and may also contain privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to read, print, save, process or disclose this message. If you have received this message by mistake, please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail, its attachments and any copies.
Any use, distribution, reproduction or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

I'm sure many people admire him. My point is things should be discussed and concentration of power is not always a good thing. Secrecy is never a good thing in a supposedly democratic membership organization.

Ps I think very highly of Chittaranjan Satapathy

www.austheos.org.au>

From: Dara Tatray <natsec@...>>
To: jeffndc <
jeffndc@...>>; .:.MKR777 <mkr777@...>>; Antonio <spirit777child@...>>; Betty Bland <bbland@...>>; International TS Secretary <theossoc@...>>; TS International Treasurer <ts_treasury@...>>; navin shah <navinmeera@...>>; susan kaschula <susan@...>>; p b kwakyi <tswestafrica@...>>; elina martinez <bemapo03@...>>; sylvia pastore <stargentina@...>>; herbert fuchs <yoga.fuchs@...>>; theresa nunez <saidita_2945@...>>; L B Resende <tsbrazil@...>>; suzanne hassanein <sehassanein@...>>; anna bustos <sociedadteosofica@...>>; maria orlich <orlichsm@...>>; caspar torres <teocuba@...>>; colyn boyce <office@...>>; marja artamaa <teosofinen.seura@...>>; tran thi kim dieu <editionsadyar@...>>; manuela kaulich <theosophie-adyar@...>>; theodoris katsifis <info@...>>; thomas martinovich <tshutau7@...>>; halldor haroldsson <ts@...>>; s sundaram <theosophy_vns@...>>; henry ispoemomo <theosofi.indonesia@...>>; marie harkness <marieharkness@...>>; abraham oron <mail@...>>; antonio girardi <sti@...>>; pierre kouahoh <pm_kouahoh@...>>; lissette himenez <sociedadteosofica@...>>; elis rijnecker <info@...>>; warwick keyes <hq@...>>; vincente chin <philtheos@...>>; lecio correia <geral@...>>; stuart trotter <stuarttrotter@...>>; chong sanne <sanne@...>>; dusan zagar <zagardusan@...<mailto:zagardusan@...>>; s m jayathilake <jayatilakesm@...>>; elaine gaillard <egaillard@...>>; nelson corrales <samadhi@...>>; "theos-talk@..." <theos-talk@...>>