Re: theos-talk RE: This is no longer a Theosophical group

jeffndc

All,

I have been a TSA member for a number of years, but a member of this list only a short time.  While it is important to have a broad range of Theosophical discussions, I believe that the organization which is descendant from the founder should be a prime concern. Perhaps K had it right about organizations, but in this world, we need a strong and capable Society.  Under the arcane leadership, if one can call it that, in place today, the TS is all but irrelevant.  I think that's a shame and that's why this lists' emphasis over the past few months on the election is justified. 

I don't know MKR personally, but I don't see any evidence of malicious intent on his part. I think it's astonishing that we can't get a singe response from the GC on our simple request to use this election, which god knows happens so rarely, as a means to engage the members and others in a conversation on the future of the Society. 
It's also troubling that the vast majority of members and others, by their complicit silence, find that their own little burrow holes of "theosophical" navel gazing perfectly adequate for them, while the world around us goes up in smoke.

Jeff

To: theos-talk@...
Sent: Sunday, March 9, 2014 8:32 AM
Subject: theos-talk RE: This is no longer a Theosophical group

Well, what the hell happened?
I have seen no reason to remove people from theos-talk.
Difference of opinions must be respected. Theos-talk has been a democratic group, allowing all type of discussions since its creation.
I am fed up with theosophical forums that remove members because the moderators have different views. In the past I have been removed of two groups (by the "theosopest" Aveline and by Fulton of the theos network, which curiously has links to theos-talk, like Jacques Mahnich tolds us recently).

Re: the elections I remind theos-talk readers that I am not a TS member, but I acknowledge the importance of this organization in the dissemination of Theosophy. I believe that the TS will be in good hands independently of who wins. TS Brazil has been sharing info on the two candidates (and I have brought that info here), although it is logical that the leaders of the Section favor one of the candidates, like it certainly happens in other Sections.

I will be waiting for an explanation about the removal of Bart Lidofsky.

PB

---In theos-talk@..., wrote :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email was sent via Anonymous email service for free.
YOU CAN REMOVE THIS TEXT MESSAGE BY BEING A PAID MEMBER FOR $10/year.
CLICK HERE =>
Message ID= 94093
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M. K. Ramadoss has decided to kick out anybody on this list that disagrees with him, including at least two users who have been with this group from the beginning. While complaining about the TSA doing the same thing.

Be warned: This is no longer a Theosophical list; it is now MKR's own personal soapbox. For those who want theosophy, theos-l, the oldest theosophical list, is still around.

Bart Lidofsky

This email was sent via Anonymous email service for free.
YOU CAN REMOVE THIS TEXT MESSAGE BY BEING A PAID MEMBER FOR $10/year.
CLICK HERE =>
Message ID= 94093

Join Theosophy@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.