Re: theos-talk Tim Boyd Speaks About the Upcoming Election for TS International President

jeffndc

To continue beating this dead horse---Here is the bylaw verbatim:

(a) The Section shall print the voting papers and biographical data as soon as the 
names of the nominees are announced.
Where practicable, in the view of the General Secretary, all the papers should be 
in the languages) of the area.
It shall be the responsibility of the General Secretary to ensure that the voting 
papers together with the biographical data in full are sent to each member.
Other material concerning the candidates shall not be circulated

Other material shall not be circulated, means BY THE GENERAL SECRETARIES in the announcement.  It says nothing about the candidates, the members or anyone else discussing or circulating information. Again, this bylaw is to prevent the officials in each section from influencing people in their official voting package. I think this is quite clear. 

Best,

Jeff

To: "theos-talk@..."
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: theos-talk Tim Boyd Speaks About the Upcoming Election for TS International President

Your clarification strengthens my opinion.  Even if TB says there are rules against campaigning, I dispute what you say is campaigning and what are facts.  nothing Tb says...mind you I have already stated my indifference to Either candidate--is false.  So there's your truth for you. What did he say that is not true?  Withholding information about Mr Maithreya is not "False" . So number one, I would like to see the "rule" if there is something mysteriously hidden that is not in the by laws. Number two,  I have given my interpretation of the by laws, which you obviously disagree with. and number three Secrecy is to be avoided...Master KH.  This to me means that you want to quash discussion, when the rules are subject to interpretation like all man made objects and debating this is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, sir.

Jeff

To: theos-talk@...
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: theos-talk Tim Boyd Speaks About the Upcoming Election for TS International President

Dear Jeff and all readers

My views are:

I will seek to clarify my view, so to maybe help you and the readers of this thread to see my position and views on the matter a bit more clear.

Try to listen carefully to the blog January 2014 by Tim Boyd. At 8:35 to 11:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VefhdeMpHZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tim Boyd says in the above video:
1) Radha Burnier asked him Tim Boyd to consider running as International President of the TS. (9 minutes and 10 seconds)
2) Tim Boyd says later that he got - as much as 15 nomination votes. (Silently promoting himself because his opponent C. V. K. Maithreya got "Only" 14).
3) And later in the video. The Ballots for voting about who should become International President of the TS - should be out in the middle to the end of February.
4) The ballots are tallied in Adyar in India by April 26th says Tim Boyd.
5) And then at 11 minutes and 4 seconds in the video we find Tim Boyd saying that a lot of people would like responses to a whole variety of things, which - and I quote - "is not really even permitted to be circulating within the rules of the Theosophical Society. But there are a couple of basic thing which I think that any candidate who are involved in this particular election"..."will acknowledge."

Tim Boyd says himself in the above blog that this rule in mention do exist. And also that the candidate is allowed to break it(!!!)
This is in fact what he i saying.

So either we have a TS candidate lying or else he is telling the truth. There is no middle-ground according to simple logic.
And despite this he allow himself to break this rules by forwarding (say rather campagning!)  about himself in his video blog as being requested by Radha Burnier to seek to become the International President of the TS.
_______

So I repeat my question which was not answered:
My question is whether Tim Boyd did not actually break the rules in this video blog of his?
Because he allowed himself to tell people that he himself was being told by Radha Burnier to consider running for International TS President.
And he thereby campaigned - himself - without mentioning whether his opponent also was given the same motivation by Radha Burnier.
Either there are rules - or -there are not rules. If you do not like the rules, you do not break them before they have been changed.

A TS without rules might be preferred by some. But certainly not by others.

But these are just my observations.
I merely seek to help promulgating the Truth.

M. Sufilight

Den 06-02-2014 20:08, jeffndc skrev:

I don't believe all this nonsense about rules pertaining to the Candidates and the members having a fair interchange.  Please show me where these rules are stated, i have voiced my opinion on the by laws, which govern the leadership  and the staff but do not pertain to the members at large regarding information.  i have a very difficult time stomaching anyone's interpretation that simply stating a factual event or answering questions would be against any rules.  it's attitudes like this that keep the TS in the middle ages in terms of it's awareness, visibility and effectiveness.  Pick what ever irrelevant euphemism you want.

Jeff

Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Yes. Thanks to Caldwell.

My question is whether Tim Boyd did not actually break the rules in this video blog of his?
Because he allowed himself to tell people that he himself was being told by Radha Burnier to consider running for International TS President.
And he thereby campaigned - himself - without mentioning whether his opponent also was given the same motivation by Radha Burnier.
Either there are rules - or -there are not rules. If you do not like the rules, you do not break them before they have been changed.

But these are just my observations.

M. Sufilight

Den 06-02-2014 05:49, jeffndc skrev:

Thanks for posting this.  It is interesting that he repeats this so-called prohibiton or rule that doesn't allow circulation of information or answering questions.  Here is my response to the video:

Tim, you must be very busy, but I do hope to get a response to my earlier email regarding your candidacy.  I think that communication is one of the weaknesses of the Theosophical Society, especially Internationally. With respect to your remark in this video, I know the by laws of the society and do not think that it is correct for candidates to be silent when the members are interested in using this election to help fortify and enrich each other's contributions to the future of the organization. You have suggested that the by laws prohibit circulating and responding to questions and therefore silence is the order of the day.  I disagree with this interpretation--the by laws pertain to the staff and officers to prohibit interference in the elections, but not to the general membership.  We are not talking about "campaigning" but clarifying issues, offering a vision of the future and addressing questions put forth by our members. By now you have received the questions I posed along with others and I do think it is essential that they be addressed directly and publicly among our membership. This is a great opportunity to unite and inspire us and I hope you will avail your talents and passion to those ends. Best wishes.

Jeff

Cc: dhc Daniel H. Caldwell
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:23 PM
Subject: theos-talk Tim Boyd Speaks About the Upcoming Election for TS International President

Tim Boyd Speaks About the Upcoming Election for TS International President

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VefhdeMpHZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Daniel
http://hpb.cc

Join Theosophy@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.