Re: theos-talk Has TS GC Secretly Changed the Rules leading to disenfranchisement?

jeffndc

Greetings,

This discussion regarding the future is of interest to me in two ways:  one, it engenders an ambiguous feeling within me--are organizations the way to engage people in esoteric pursuit?--and two, how do we measure impact?  part of me wants to see more people in the world consider the values of theosophy and therefore, improve memberships numbers, but a part of me also questions whether any kind of recruitment will ever succeed?  I thought about the topic and wonder if there are any data available on the actual numbers of people worldwide engaged in any serious esoteric organizations.  I discovered an interesting group started in 2002 http://www.aseweb.org/?page_id=13 of academics studying esotericism.  Have any of you further data or ideas on both the dilemma (or maybe it's just my own dilemma) and how to get a handle on the relative size and direction of the "movement"?

Best,

Jeff

On Friday, December 27, 2013 11:24 AM, "thalprin@..." wrote:

What's that Lat./Long. of the Original HeadQuarters - do you know?