Dwarf month: Dwarf Runelord & Anvil of Doom #Dwarf #PlayerCreated

theseaofclaws@...

Edited

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the theseaofclaws group.

File : /FLEET FOLDER - DWARF/Rune Lord & Anvil of Doom.doc
Uploaded by : sigmar1 <sigmar1@...>
Description : Dwarf Runelord & Anvil of Doom

You can access this file at the URL:
https://groups.io/g/TheSeaofClaws/files/Fleets/Dwarves/Rune%20Lord%20&%20Anvil%20of%20Doom.doc

Regards,

sigmar1 <sigmar1@...>

sigmar1

Edited

I had thought I posted these rules years ago but I didn't see them in the obvious location, so I added them to the Dwarf Fleet folder.

I'm fairly sure an old publication of GW had created rules for at least the Runelord, but here is my version:

https://groups.io/g/TheSeaofClaws/files/Fleets/Dwarves/Rune%20Lord%20&%20Anvil%20of%20Doom.doc

(If that link doesn't work just go to Files/ Dwarf Fleet).

Enjoy!

Marell Le Fou <marell_le_fou@...>

Edited

Interesting.
Is someone do have the GW rules for the Rune Lord, i'd like to compare both.
Marell

Victor Garcia

Edited

From Citadell Journal 1: Blood and Iron

Runesmiths, cost 50 points, goes in the Admiral ship.

dispel enemy magic on 5+, gives the option to buy "Rune cards" to enhance firing (double damage, -1 to saving throw, causes fire, etc.) or hulls (re-roll saving throws, does not need to ram in straight line, +1 to repair roll, etc.)

sigmar1

Yes, he also gives +1 to the roll to summon monsters...an entirely UNDWARF-LIKE activity in my book! My dwarf fleets have never used a sea monster and never will.

Therefore I think my rules are better :).

--- In theseaofclaws@..., Victor Garcia <red_zebra_ve@...> wrote:

dispel enemy magic on 5+, gives the option to buy "Rune cards" to enhance firing (double damage, -1 to saving throw, causes fire, etc.) or hulls (re-roll saving throws, does not need to ram in straight line, +1 to repair roll, etc.)

Interesting.

Marell

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Edited

Are the cards downloadable somewhere on the group ?

I could not find them in the archive groupe nor in the dwarf folder nor in the WD folder.

Marell

sigmar1

Marell, the article which contains the cards is stored in the files/ Citadel Journal section on the sister-site.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/manowargame/

--- In theseaofclaws@..., Marell Le Fou <marell_le_fou@...> wrote:

Are the cards downloadable somewhere on the group ?

I could not find them in the archive groupe nor in the dwarf folder nor in the
WD folder.

Marell

Objet : Re: Re : [The Sea Of Claws] Dwarf month: Dwarf Runelord & Anvil of Doom

Yes, he also gives +1 to the roll to summon monsters...an entirely UNDWARF-LIKE
activity in my book! My dwarf fleets have never used a sea monster and never
will.

Therefore I think my rules are better :).

--- In theseaofclaws@..., Victor Garcia <red_zebra_ve@> wrote:

dispel enemy magic on 5+, gives the option to buy "Rune cards" to enhance
firing (double damage, -1 to saving throw, causes fire, etc.) or hulls (re-roll
saving throws, does not need to ram in straight line, +1 to repair roll, etc.)

Interesting.

Marell

Edited

Ah great thanks.

Just to know, who have added this rules to the common MOW core rules ?

Do you play systematically all of them or just some ? Which ones ?

Marell

davidsh@...

Edited

my group & friends only played basic set since none of us owned or wnted to own the chaos fleets & thought the sea monsters were not great

we have added all the rules from the citadel journals for undead, dwarf rules etc

as for sigmar's runelord & anvil I like both

Dreadaxe

Lotr of inspiration for Anvil of Doom addition.

WFB4 Rules

WFB6 rules

WFB8 Fanmade rules
http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/topic/45067-dwarf-rune-lore-the-missing-page-from-our-book/
LORE OF RUNES proposed changes in RED

RUNIC FOCUS (Lore Attribute)
Binding the winds of magic to runes and striking them upon great anvils of power takes years of hard training and experience where even the smallest slip in focus can be catastrophic. Runelords learn how to strike the runes in such a way as to focus their power and create a resonance and harmony that strengthens further strikes as they build layer upon layer of power. Before Deployment the Runelord generates D3 Runic Focus Tokens. Each successful casting of a bound spell from the Lore of Runes that isn’t cast with Ancient Power generates one Runic Focus Token. Attempting to cast bound spells from the Lore of Runes with Ancient Power will use up a number of Runic Focus Tokens (specified in each spell discription) even if the spell is subsequently dispelled. There can never be more than 4 Runic Focus Tokens stored with the Anvil at any time, further successful casts do not generate further Runic Focus Tokens. For each Runic Focus Token the Anvil has stored before a spell is cast, it reduces the level of any wizard attempting to dispel by 1 (to a minimum of 0) for the dispel roll only. If any rune strike results in Irresistible Force, after the spells effects are worked out, all stored Runic Focus Tokens are lost, and the Runelord suffers D6 Strength 6 hits.

THE RUNE OF WRATH AND RUIN 
(SIGNATURE RUNE)
The Rune of Wrath and Ruin causes the earth to crack, venting forth fire and sulphur.

Innate bound spell (power level 5). The Rune of Wrath and Ruin is a direct damage spell with a range of 24” that causes 2D6 Strength 4 hits, distributed as per shooting. The caster may choose to strike with Ancient Power causing any unit hit to be unable to march or make a fly move during their next movement phase instead which increases the power level to 13 and costs one Runic Focus Token.

1. THE RUNE OF OATH AND STEEL 
The blessing of Grungni hardens Dwarf mail as each suit of armour remembers the hammer blows that forged it.

Innate bound spell (power level 4). The Rune of Oath and Steel is an augment spell that targets a single friendly Dwarf unit anywhere on the battlefield. The target unit increases their armour save by 1 (to a maximum of 1+) until the start of the next friendly Magic phase. The caster may choose to strike with Ancient Power causing the Rune of Oath and Steel to target D3+1 friendly Dwarf units. This increases the power level to 10 and costs one Runic Focus Token.

2. THE RUNE OF HAMMER AND IRON 
The vengeance of the ancestors flows through the veins of the Dwarfs and they roar their contempt as they plow into them.

Innate bound spell (power level 5). The Rune of Hammer and Iron is an augment spell that targets a single friendly Dwarf unit anywhere on the battlefield. The target unit increases their Toughness by 1 until the start of the next friendly Magic phase. The caster may choose to strike with Ancient Power causing the Rune of Hammer and Iron to also cause the target unit to count as having charged during that round of combat. This increases the power level to 14 and costs one Runic Focus Token.

3. THE RUNE OF HEARTH AND HOME 
The Rune of Hearth and Home stirs a Dwarf’s pride in his hold, clan and ancestors.

Innate bound spell (power level 6). The Rune of Hearth and Home is an augment spell that targets a single friendly Dwarf unit within 24”. The target unit may immediately make a normal move, which may be a march or reform, but they not charge. They are now also able to parry with a great weapon OR re-roll any failed parry saves if they have a shield until the start of the next friendly magic phase. The caster may choose to strike with Ancient Power causing the target units to also have the Fight in extra ranks special rule until the start of the next friendly Magic phase. This increases the power level to 10 and costs one Runic Focus Token.

4. THE RUNE OF ROARING GRUDGES 
As the Runelord strikes this rune, he intones all the vile deeds committed by the enemy and pours his scorn upon them.

Innate bound spell (power level 7). The Rune of Roaring Grudges is a hex spell with a range of 24”. The target unit must make a Ld check, if passed it suffers a -1 penalty to hit with both shooting and close combat attacks until the start of the next friendly Magic phase. If they fail the test the unit is reduced to WS and BS 1 until the start of the next friendly Magic phase. Units that don't roll to hit (like cannons) can only fire on a 4+ (roll each time they try to fire) until the start of the next friendly Magic phase. The caster may choose to strike with Ancient Power increasing its range to 48". This increases the power level to 10 and costs one Runic Focus Token.

5. THE RUNE OF CALMING 
The blessings of Valaya spread out around the battlefield, syphoning away rampant magical energies.

Innate bound spell (power level 8). The Rune of Calming is a hex spell that targets a single non-friendly caster anywhere on the battlefield. During the opponent’s next magic phase, after the roll to determine how many dice are generated for the pool, remove a single dice from the opponent’s power dice pool if the target caster remains on the battlefield. The caster may choose to strike with Ancient Power causing the Dwarf player to also get a bonus to dispel during the opponents next magic phase depending on the number of Runic Focus Tokens used: 1 Runic Focus Token adds +2 to dispel attempts and 2 Runic Focus Tokens add +4. The Dwarf player can never get a bonus of more than +6 to dispel (this includes their racial bonus to dispel and the Master Rune of Valaya). This increases the power level to 16.

6. THE RUNE OF HEAVENS WRATH
The Runelord strikes the Rune of Heavens Wrath only when his anvil’s resonance is perfect and his focus absolute. Death streaks from the skies and burns the foe with cleansing lightning.

Innate bound spell (power level 12). The Rune of Heavens Wrath is a direct damage spell. Choose one enemy unit within 24", place the small template on the unit and scatter it D6". Models touched by the template suffer a S4 hit. The model under the hole suffers a S7 hit with Multiple Wounds (D3). 

The Runelord may choose to strike with Ancient Power raising the power level of the spell to 16. This increases the range of the spell to 30". Before casting, choose from 1 to 4 Runic Focus Tokens to use. Once the inital damage is resolved, remove a Runic Focus Token used to cast the spell and roll a scatter and an artillery dice. Move template the number of inches indicated. If its a misfire or if the template hits an ally unit, nothing happens and the token is wasted. If a hit is rolled, the runelord choose the direction it moves. Every model hit by the template new position suffer a S3 hit. The model under the central hole suffers a S6 hit. Return the template to its initial position and repeat until every token has been used.

ADDITIONAL STUFF

NOTE: If you choose to use the Lore of Runes with the below rules, bear in mind you are SIGNIFICANTLY moving away from a standard game with the book and hence might interfere with your playstyle if you also play tourneys (which clearly wont use these rules at all). The bonus to keeping the Lore of Runes to the Anvil in my mind; you woulnd't use an anvil at a tourney - so it wont affect the way you prep much . Anyway here goes:

Talismanic Rune:

Rune of Power           35/70/105
Forged from the bindings of the mighty Runes of Power from the legendary Anvils of Doom, these lesser runes are created by novice Runesmiths as practice for their graduatiuon to the Anvil.

Runesmiths/Runelords only. May not be taken by a model mounted on an Anvil of Doom. A model with a Rune of Power has one randomly determined rune from the Lore of Runes.
A model with two Runes of Power has two randomly determined runes from the Lore of Runes.
A model with three Runes of Power has three randomly determined runes from the Lore of Runes.
A model with one or more Runes of Power generates a limit of a single Runic Focus Token per enemy Magic Phase if they successfully dispel a spell. They do NOT generate Runic Focus Tokens for successful castings as they have no anvil to achieve resonance.
T9A rules
https://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?entry/299-anvil-of-power/
Anvil of Power [Character], 200pts
War Machine, 60mm Round base, single model

Special Rules:
Unbreakable, Ward Save (5+), Magic Resistance (2), Channel, Runic Anvil, Not a Character
Equipment: Plate Armour
Anvil Runes:
Rune of Storms (50pts), Rune of Shattering (50pts), Rune of Cleansing (free)Anvil of Power
200pts [Character]
  M WS BS S T W I A LD
Anvil - - - - 7 4 - - -
Anvil Guard (4) 3 5 3 4 4 - 2 1 9

War Machine, 60mm Round base, single model

Special Rules:
Unbreakable, Ward Save (5+), Magic Resistance (2), Channel, Runic Anvil, Not a Character

Equipment:
Plate Armour
Anvil Runes:
Rune of Storms (50pts), Rune of Shattering (50pts), Rune of Cleansing (free)
https://www.the-ninth-age.com/filebase/index.php?download/788/

Anvil Runes :

Rune of Storms

Cost: 50 pts

Type: Damage, Hex

Duration: Instant/Lasts one Turn

The target instantly suffers D6 Strength 6 hits with Lightning Attacks. The target cannot use Flying movement for the duration of the spell.

Rune of Shattering

Cost: 50 pts

Type: Damage, Hex

Duration: Instant/Lasts one Turn

The target instantly suffers 2D6 Strength 4 hits. Units who suffer at least one wound from this Runic Bound Spell suffer a -1 to-hit modifier in Close Combat and treat all terrain (including Open Terrain) as Dangerous Terrain (1).

Rune of Cleansing

Cost: free

Type: Universal

Duration: Instant

Choose one spell with Duration:

Lasts One Turn or Remains In Play affecting the target. The spell immediately comes to an end.

--
Dreadaxe

Dreadaxe

After read the sources some ideas:
  1. Anvil of Doom give 1D6 lightings (like Tzeentch lighting) OR/AND
  2. Anvil of Doom give 4 "rune spells" activate on 4+ or 5+ (Air -> 1D6 Lightings, Water -> block a ship ennemy movement, Earh -> hit underfloating  line or isle generating, Fire -> 3 hits that cause fire) OR/AND
  3. +1 dispell OR/AND
  4. +1 to defence boarding action
Opinions
--
Dreadaxe

Dreadaxe

Other ideas for rules to represent elements

Air > that can be a Dwarf anti-flyer?
Water >  Maybe anti-seamonster? 
Fire > Maybe anti-fire?
Earth > Maybe "eath pass"? 

--