IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL MEMBERS OF NOVA ROMA, INC.

Sex. Lucilius Tutor consulari imperio, tribunus plebis

Citizen of Nova Roma,

Below you can read three important announcements:

I. Call for “tax payments” i.e. donations for the current year
II. Call for corporate Board of Directors election for Nova Roma, Inc.
III. Call for voting on the Bylaws of Nova Roma, Inc.

Read all three announcements in full below:

I. CALL FOR “TAX PAYMENTS” I.E. DONATIONS FOR THE CURRENT YEAR

In order to maintain your ranks and status in Nova Roma, "tax" payment is required, which is now just a tax substitution donation to the Nova Roman government. Nova Roma needs your donations in order to keep our website, citizen database and online assets, so it is of extraordinary importance to pay your taxes. The deadline to pay is 1st September.

After the 1st September deadline the tax substituting donations will be accepted only with a delay penalty of an additional 9 USD, which means that from 1st September taxes with penalty in total will be 18 USD.

Read the guide about how to send your tax-substituting donation:

I.A. HOW TO SEND YOUR TAX-DONATIONS

VERY IMPORTANT: You have to send your tax-substituting donations of minimum 9 USD to be sent via PayPal to the collector, quaestor T. Popillia Laenas (treasurer) at the following PayPal address:

dorka_mak@...

V E R Y    I M P O R T A N T:   When you have sent the donation, please send a message to me immediately and specify the amount you donated. Only I can update your assiduus (taxpayer) status of "good standing citizen". Write to me and tell me how much you donated. Contact me at:

whitewolfbde@...

You may send just the minimum 9 USD, but ideally -- if you can allow it -- you should send more because Nova Roma has to pay attorney debts and also the costs of our IT maintenance is high, and we have only a few donors. Ideally a donor should send about 50 dollars. If you send 20, 30, 80 or more, all will be great help to Nova Roma. Only by your donations can we fully recover our corporation.

If you fail to submit your taxes, you will lose your offices or ranks, as per the law, because assiduus (taxpayer) status is required for holding office.

The deadline is September 1. If you pay later, the minimum amount will rise to 18 USD.

I.B. BECOME AN EQUESTRIAN

The minimum amount of acceptable donation is 9 USD, however, if you decide to pay at least 135 USD or more, you receive the honor of being enrolled, with full membership, into the Equestrian Order of Nova Roma, and you become an eques equo privato ("knight with private horse") or private equestrian, in brief.

REDUCED FREE: If you are a Roman reenactor or a Latinist, you can receive a significant discount, if requested, and you can receive knighthood for a donation of at least 81 USD. You will have to prove with photographic evidence (which we might post on our website) that you are a Roman reenactor, or a with a certificate, that you are a Latinist, in order to receive the discount. BEFORE YOU WOULD DONATE, contact me and request your discount, and we will discuss the sending of your evidences.

By becoming a private equestrian, eques equo privato, you receive the following extra rights:

- to use the title "eques", or "eques Novus Romanus" (Nova Roman Knight or Equestrian);

- to have 400 extra Census Points for as long as you maintain your yearly status;

- to obtain membership automatically in the First Class which gives you the highest influence in Nova Roman elections;

- to have the label "member of the Equestrian Order" in your citizen ID profile

- to wear a tunica angusticlavia (a tunic decorated with a narrow purple stripe);

- to wear the equestrian golden ring;

- to extend this right to your direct descendants and to your spouse (as long as you remain an equestrian);

- to have distinguished seats and to take precedence over regular citizens at public events;

All you have to do is that WHEN YOU PAY YOUR DONATION FOR TAXES, instead of the basic 9 USD, you PAY at least 135 USD (81 if you are a Latinist or a reenactor) or more.

Pay your taxes with the extra amount of donation of 135 USD or more, and you become a distinguished member of the Nova Roman aristocracy, the Equestrian Order. Send your equestrian donation to this PayPal address before 1 September:

dorka_mak@...

V E R Y    I M P O R T A N T:   When you have sent the donation, please send a message to me immediately and specify the amount you donated. Only I can update your assiduus (taxpayer) status of "good standing citizen". Write to me and tell me how much you donated. Contact me at:

whitewolfbde@...

If you don't inform me about your taxpayment donation, you will not receive assiduus status (taxpayer status), and you will not receive the equestrian dignity, either.

I.C. BECOME A TREASURY TRIBUNE EQUESTRIAN

If you would like to help Nova Roma with a higher donation, but the amount required for the equestrian status is too high for you, or if you just want to wear lawfully, as an authentic Nova Roman, the narrow purple stripe on your tunica, there is a less expensive way to do that! If you donate at least 45 USD or more, you receive the title "tribunus aerarius equestris", which doesn't give you full membership in the Equestrian Order of Nova Roma, but you will be entitled to wear the equestrian narrow purple stripes.

REDUCED FREE: If you are a Roman reenactor or a Latinist, you can receive a significant discount, if requested, and you can receive the dignity of a treasury tribune for a donation of at least 27 USD. You will have to prove with photographic evidence (which we might post on our website) that you are a Roman reenactor, or a with a certificate, that you are a Latinist, in order to receive the discount. BEFORE YOU WOULD DONATE, contact me and request your discount, and we will discuss the sending of your evidences.

By becoming a private equestrian, tribunus aerarius equestris, you receive the following extra rights:

- to use the title "tribunus aerarius equestris", or "treasury tribune equestrian";

- to have 25 extra Census Points for as long as you maintain your yearly status;

- to obtain membership automatically in a one degree higher class than your current class is, which means higher influence in Nova Roman elections;

- to wear a tunica angusticlavia (a tunic decorated with a narrow purple stripe);

All you have to do is that WHEN YOU PAY YOUR DONATION FOR TAXES, instead of the basic 9 USD, you PAY at least 45 USD (27 if you are a Latinist or a reenactor) or more.

Pay your taxes with this extra amount of donation, and you become a preliminary members of Equestrian Order. Send your equestrian donation to this PayPal address before 1 September:

dorka_mak@...

V E R Y    I M P O R T A N T:   When you have sent the donation, please send a message to me immediately and specify the amount you donated. Only I can update your assiduus (taxpayer) status of "good standing citizen". Write to me and tell me how much you donated. Contact me at:

whitewolfbde@...

If you don't inform me about your taxpayment donation, you will not receive assiduus status (taxpayer status), and you will not receive the treasury tribune dignity, either.

I.D. DONATION TO THE CN. CORNELIUS LENTULUS ALEXANDER MEMORIAL FUND

The senate awarded a funus censorium (censorial state funeral) to our deceased leader, censor and proconsul Cn. Cornelius Lentulus Alexander the Elder, pater patriae, the leader under whose auspices the founding of the Nova Roman nation was completed in a ground breaking ritual during the year of Sex. Lucilius, C. Claudius, P. Annaeus, Q. Catulus consular tribunes (2017). This honor in ancient times meant that the Roman People's Treasury paid the costs of the state funeral, including the pomp and honorific gestures. In Nova Roma, this means that we, the People, can donate to the family of our beloved dead fellow citizen, Lentulus the Elder, to assist in the financial costs of the macronational (modern) funeral and the Roman funeral ceremony.

We, the citizens, would send a donation to Cn. Lentulus Alexander's widow wife L. Aemilia Lepida as a little contribution to the costs of Cn. Lentulus' real funeral.

Any amount that you donate in excess over the minimum amounts of 9 US for assiduus status, 45 USD for tribunus aerarius status or 135 USD for full equestrian status, or amounts between these thresholds, unless specified to be dedicated to another purpose, will be automatically attributed to the Cn. Cornelius Lentulus Alexander Memorial Fund for the funeral costs.

The goal is to collect circa 500 dollars because this was the amount that we donated to the funeral of Ti. Galerius Paulinus when he died, and this amount was the aim in the donation campaign for the Audens Memorial Fund after M. Minucius Audens died and received similar honors.

II. NOVA ROMA, INC. ELECTIONS FOR A CORPORATE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

In order to comply with Maine State legal requirements, Nova Roma, Inc. is holding its corporate Board of Directors elections according to its currently valid form of Articles of Incorporation. Every member of the corporation, who is currently registered as a good standing member of the corporation, is entitled to a vote and to run as a candidate for the Board. The committee organizing the Board election requests that candidates, who have not yet served as a senator in Nova Roma and thus are not well known among the active membership and do not have a detailed record of public service in the top leadership, submit

(1) a CV with a summary of their macronational life and work qualifications, and with a fully detailed account of all offices, achievements and works within their Nova Roman internal career;
(2) a candidate platform statement, describing their motivations, plans, strategies, projects and vision about the future of Nova Roma and how they intend achieve this through their work in the Board of Directors.

Candidates must send or CC their candidacies, with the requested two documents, to the following three email addresses, and they must send it no later than 23 August (candidacies will not be accepted after 23 August):

ELECTION ORGANIZER: lutorianis@... (Sextus Lucilius Tutor)
WEBMASTER: cn_corn_lent@... (Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus)
ELECTION JUDGE: eljefe3126@... (Publius Porcius Licinus)

The election will take place in email, votes will have to be sent in email to the following email address between 24-26 August:

nrbodelection@...

From among the candidates, those 16 who will receive the highest number of affirmative votes will be elected as members of the Board of Directors of Nova Roma.

III. VOTING ON CORPORATE BYLAWS FOR NOVA ROMA, INC.

At the same time with the corporate Board of Directors election, Nova Roma, Inc. members shall vote on the new bylaws of the corporation, which shall be subsequently officially adopted by the newly elected Board of Directors, as well. The text of the BYLAWS PROPOSAL to be voted on can be read in full on this page in our official website:

http://www.novaroma.org/nr/Rogatio_Lucilia_de_re_publica_restituenda

The voting will take place in email, votes will have to be sent in the same email that you will send about the Board of Directors election, to the following email address between 24-26 August:

nrbodelection@...

Vale,
Sextus Lucilius Tutor, proconsul
CONSULARI POTESTATE