Oath of Office as Legatus Pro Praetore of Dacia and Legatus Pro Praetore of Lacus Magni

Cn. Cornelius Lentulus

CN. CORNELIVS LENTVLVS LEGATVS PRO PRAETORE DACIAE ET LACVVM MAGNORVM: QVIRITIBVS: SAL.:

I have conducted my investiture ceremony and taken the oaths of office for the governorship of Provincia Dacia and Provincia Lacus Magni. I will be a guest governor in these territories, a place holder, but I take it very seriously, and I will make sure that when I am stepping down there will be an active team in both provinces which will make these provinces live and functional. I already have some candidates for these teams. My job will be to resuscitate these dying provinces and to save them from the automatic dissolution which waits for any inactive province under the current, very wise and realistic, laws. Those provinces will be dissolve automatically, regardless to the senate's intention, where there is no Nova Roman activity.

MY OATH OF OFFICE AS LEGATUS PRO PRAETORE OF DACIA AND LEGATUS PRO PRAETORE OF LACUS MAGNI.

LATIN VERSION

Ego, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus (Attila Gonda), hac re ipsa decus Novae Romae me defensurum, et semper pro populo senatuque Novae Romae acturum esse sollemniter IVRO.

Ego, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus, officio LEGATI PRO PRAETORE DACIAE ET LACUUM MAGNORUM Novae Romae accepto, deos deasque Romae in omnibus meae vitae publicae temporibus culturum, et virtutes Romanas publica privataque vita me persecuturum esse IVRO.

Ego, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus, Religioni Romanae me fauturum et eam defensurum, et numquam contra eius statum publicum me acturum esse, ne quid detrimenti capiat IVRO.

Ego, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus, Constitutionem Novae Romae me protecturum et defensurum esse IVRO.

Ego, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus, officiis muneris LEGATI PRO PRAETORE DACIAE ET LACUUM MAGNORUM  me quam optime functurum esse praeterea IVRO.

Meo civis Novae Romae honore, coram deis deabusque populi Romani, et voluntate favoreque eorum, ego munus LEGATI PRO PRAETORE DACIAE ET LACUUM MAGNORUM, una cum iuribus, privilegiis, muneribus et officiis comitantibus ACCIPIO

ENGLISH VERSION

I, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus (Attila Gonda) do hereby solemnly swear to uphold the honor of Nova Roma, and to act always in the best interests of the people and the Senate of Nova Roma.

As Legatus Pro Praetore Daciae and Legatus Pro Praetore Lacuum Magnorum of Nova Roma, I, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus swear to honor the Gods and Goddesses of Rome in my public dealings, and to pursue the Roman Virtues in my public and private life.

I, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus swear to uphold and defend the Religio Romana as the State Religion of Nova Roma and swear never to act in a way that would threaten its status as the State Religion.

I, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus swear to protect and defend the Constitution of Nova Roma.

I, Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus further swear to fulfill the obligations and responsibilities of the offices of Dux Dioecesis Europae Celticae et Germanicae, Quaestor Pro Praetore Americae Transmississippianae, Brasiliae, Novae Hispaniae to the best of my abilities.

On my honor as a Citizen of Nova Roma, and in the presence of the Gods and Goddesses of the Roman people and by their will and favor, do I accept the positions of Legatus Pro Praetore of Dacia and Legatus Pro Praetore of Lacus Magni, and all the rights, privileges, obligations, and responsibilities attendant thereto.

Valete!

Cn. Cornelius Lentulus
Legatus Pro Praetore Daciae, Lacuum Magnorum, Pannoniae,
Quaestor Pro Praetore Americae Transmississippianae, Brasiliae, Novae Hispaniae
Dux Dioecesis Europae Celticae et Germanicae
Praefectus Italiae

Join TheForumRomanum@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.