LUDI NOVI ROMANI | The Holiday of Anna Perenna | CLOSING CEREMONIES OF THE LUDI NOVI ROMANI

Cn. Cornelius Lentulus

Cn. Lentulus, pontifex, sac. Concordiae, quaestor, praefectus rei publicae Senatui Populoque Novo Romano Quiritibus s. p. d.

Today, on these Ides of March, I have offered the Closing Ceremony for the Ludi Novi Romani which celebrates the 23rd Anniversary of the Founding of Nova Roma. The end-games of the ludi will continue today, some of the contests are open for participation until midnight today, but the Anna Perenna ceremony has been the final ritual of the Ludi Novi Romani. Today we pray to Concordia, to Mars, to Iuppiter Optimus Maximus and to Anna Perenna, goddess of longevity, goddess of the year and Time, for a long life of all Nova Romans, and for Nova Roma Herself.

On this day, Roman tradition says, one must drink as many glasses of wine as many years one wants to live in the rest of his life. Let's drink some glasses of wine today, not only for us, but for the 23rd anniversary of Nova Roma, too.

As the lock down didn't allow community live celebrations this year, I attach last year's celebrations in this link:

These photos were not taken on today's Anna Perenna ceremony, but they were taken last year, on 10th March, when as pontifex, quaestor and governor of Italia and Pannonia, Cn. Lentulus held an official community celebration of the Ludi Novi Romani and the Concordialia, for the 22nd Anniversary of the founding of Nova Roma with the Nova Romans of the Cohors VI Carpathica and the burgus Colonia Rostallo, subdivisions of Pannonia Provincia. Prayers and sacrifices were offered to Concordia, Mars and Iuppiter Optimus Maximus for Nova Roma, for our consuls, for the Senate and People, for Pannonia and Italia, and for Regio Rostallonsis and its unit the Cohors VI Carpathica.

Io Anna Perenna, Io Concordia, Io Nova Roma annorum XXIII !

Valete!

CN. CORNELIVS LENTVLVS EQ. EQ. P.
PONTIFEX, SACERDOS CONCORDIAE
QVAESTOR, PRAEFECTVS REI PVBLICAE