VCO TP Frequency OK now but no IF output still

Don Woodward

My systems are both working at the correct frequencies at the VCO test points - my SA was off frequency from the display - it's an older HP SA and I need to go through the calibration tasks to get it to show the correct frequencies.  I was able to use another frequency source which is locked to my GPSDO and generate the frequencies that were to be expected and then switch to the VCO TP output and they matched.  My new SA only goes to 1.5GHz 🙁 - I bought it not considering the need for these VCO tests.

I'm still not receiving anything on the IF ports on either 122Ghz unit.  I see the led flashing red in sync with the beacon and solid red on the key position on both.

Today I connected to the MCLR line (both units) and grounded it several times causing the program to restart as several suggested - still not hearing/seeing anything through the IF port on either with the other unit TXing a beacon.

I tested my IC-705 IF radio and it's able to receive a very weak signal at 144.3985 so it's good.

I guess the next step is to reload the program on the PIC as several have suggested.

I ordered a PICKIT3 so I'm on hold until I receive that.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

73's

Don W.
KD4APP