Re: 122ghz group on Facebook

By the way I got some 3.4 and 10 GHz klystrons and  mixers at a hamfest over 40 years ago. I played around with making an FM station that used a 30 MHz IF (duplex!) and could hear a signal across my yard. I never loaned one out to someone and made a real QSO back then. I still have the equipment somewhere.

Also, Katashi Nose KH6IJ came to our local ham club meeting once back in the mid-70's and had a 10 GHz station he demonstrated. He was using little ashtrays for dishes. :-)

73, Zack W9SZ

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 5:35 PM Paul Bicknell <paul@...> wrote:

Dear Jim

Can I ask you a few questions

How long have you bean working with frequencies above 12 Ghz  ?

My sylph a made my first TV transmitter for 24 Ghz over 35 years ago

I am presently talking to several people on work above 110 Ghz to 300 Ghz  and they are not using face book

Basically face book is hear and now chatter it is not the tool for recherché or the foundation for technical papers  that requires hard work

Sorry for being so blunt but you line But to provide wider visibility and publicity  got my goat

Paul