Re: 122ghz group on Facebook

By the way I got some 3.4 and 10 GHz klystrons and  mixers at a hamfest over 40 years ago. I played around with making an FM station that used a 30 MHz IF (duplex!) and could hear a signal across my yard. I never loaned one out to someone and made a real QSO back then. I still have the equipment somewhere.

Also, Katashi Nose KH6IJ came to our local ham club meeting once back in the mid-70's and had a 10 GHz station he demonstrated. He was using little ashtrays for dishes. :-)

73, Zack W9SZ

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 5:35 PM Paul Bicknell <paul@...> wrote:

Dear Jim

Can I ask you a few questions 

How long have you bean working with frequencies above 12 Ghz  ?

My sylph a made my first TV transmitter for 24 Ghz over 35 years ago

I am presently talking to several people on work above 110 Ghz to 300 Ghz  and they are not using face book

Basically face book is hear and now chatter it is not the tool for recherché or the foundation for technical papers  that requires hard work

Sorry for being so blunt but you line But to provide wider visibility and publicity  got my goat

Paul

From: The122GProject@groups.io [mailto:The122GProject@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Moss
Sent: 17 November 2019 21:41
To: The122GProject@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The122GProject] 122ghz group on Facebook

You may get more people to work... and inform about the use of mmW bands.

This project site is a super resource for the technical aspects. But to provide wider visibility and publicity, Facebook has its advantages.

On Nov 17, 2019, at 1:12 PM, Paul Bicknell <paul@...> wrote:

I thought the reason for this site was to contain all the information about the 122 Ghz project on one site

Putting any part of it on face book reduces the quality of this Group and its content 

Or is it that topics are getting to technical for those new to MM wave

Please com back as we in the UK had people complaining that we had set up the 112 Ghz group in the first place

and thus removing technical information from those that might be interested

Personally I think this is a backward step

Paul

From: The122GProject@groups.io [mailto:The122GProject@groups.io] On Behalf Of N7OW
Sent: 17 November 2019 19:01
To: The122GProject@groups.io
Subject: [The122GProject] 122ghz group on Facebook

For those on fb... someone created a group for those interested in talking about it and sharing their experiences. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2488811071443039/?ref=share

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.8048 / Virus Database: 4793/15886 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.8048 / Virus Database: 4793/15886 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Join The122GProject@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.