Re: VCO TP Frequency

Don, do you have a way to download the PIC programming with a PICKIT3 and compare it to what the programming is supposed to be? I have checked, found errors in, and reprogrammed a couple others' units because the EEPROM data got corrupted somehow.

Note, if you do this, do it with the unit powered up first! This puts 3.3 volts on the PIC and RF chips and the PICKIT3 senses the voltage and uses the 3.3 volts. If you do it with the unit unpowered, the PICKIT3 will put 5 volts on the line. This is what happened when I burned out my original unit.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 12:59 PM Don Woodward <dbwoodw@...> wrote:
Same here.

Don W
KD4APP

From: The122GProject@groups.io <The122GProject@groups.io> on behalf of Zack Widup via groups.io <w9sz.zack=gmail.com@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 12:27:58 PM
To: The122GProject@groups.io <The122GProject@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [The122GProject] VCO TP Frequency

Mine does. It starts out red and changes to green. It changes to red on CW transmit. It flashes red with the CW in the beacon mode.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 11:20 AM Jim Moss <n9jim@...> wrote:
Don
Does the LED light up and Change color between rx/tx. ?
Jim

On Sep 1, 2021, at 8:12 AM, Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@...> wrote:

Sort of a combination. I removed R200 and L4. I put a jumper across the pads that are for R47 and C47 instead of the blue wire VA3TO showed. I also put a 68 ohm resistor across the OCXO input connector.

72, Zack W9SZ

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 9:40 AM Don Woodward <dbwoodw@...> wrote:
Zack

Did you do the VA3TO 10MHz mod or the mod in the operation and construction document?

73's

Don W.
KD4APP