Re: VCO TP Frequency

Mine does. It starts out red and changes to green. It changes to red on CW transmit. It flashes red with the CW in the beacon mode.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 11:20 AM Jim Moss <n9jim@...> wrote:
Don
Does the LED light up and Change color between rx/tx. ?
Jim

On Sep 1, 2021, at 8:12 AM, Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@...> wrote:

Sort of a combination. I removed R200 and L4. I put a jumper across the pads that are for R47 and C47 instead of the blue wire VA3TO showed. I also put a 68 ohm resistor across the OCXO input connector.

72, Zack W9SZ

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 9:40 AM Don Woodward <dbwoodw@...> wrote:
Zack

Did you do the VA3TO 10MHz mod or the mod in the operation and construction document?

73's

Don W.
KD4APP

From: The122GProject@groups.io <The122GProject@groups.io> on behalf of Zack Widup via groups.io <w9sz.zack=gmail.com@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 9:44 AM
To: The122GProject@groups.io <The122GProject@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [The122GProject] VCO TP Frequency

Hmm ... that's interesting.

I ordered two boards, which I received last week. I did the OCXO mod on one board and swapped the bad one in my box for the new one with the OCXO mod. I put the 20 dB horn on it.  I use an Isotemp 10 MHz OCXO.

I set the other one up as a signal source - I did not do any mods on it and I set it up in beacon mode without an antenna. I pointed it in the direction of the other unit  about 3 feet away. I had the digital encoder on both units set to 0, mode A. I found the signal from the transmitter drifting between 144.397 and 144.404. It was pinning the s-meter of my receiver.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 7:54 AM Don Woodward <dbwoodw@...> wrote:
In the operation & construction notes it says to expect the frequencies below:

<image.png>

<image.png>

but I am seeing 

1.914GHz on RX
1.916GHz on TX

I can't seem to find the TX signal for either unit on my IF receiver anywhere in the 144.xxx range.

Were there changes in the frequencies made in this second batch?

73's

Don W.
KD4APP
EM84au

Join The122GProject@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.