Re: 1PPS Source

Edited

If it's what I think it is, it was the MUD 2016 Proceedings, which I put together. I also have the PDF. I will upload it to the group files.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 1:53 PM Herbert Ullmann <af4jf@...> wrote:
I will send you the original text (in Czech) with he pictures. I noticed that the English translation is chopped on my side too. This article was published in CSVHF proceedings from St. Louis some time ago.

Note that we ended up using 1MHz. Someone responded to my email saying that 10MHz wasn't good when he tried.

73 H.

On Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:07:54 AM CST, Don Woodward <dbwoodw@...> wrote:

Herbert:

Very cool - the first two figures are chopped off on the right sides - it might be a Mac/Word issue on my end - do you happen to have a PDF of the document?

BTW, I do have a Chinese Trimble based GPSDO that I am using for a 10Mhz source on my lab equipment.

73's

Don W.
KD4APP
EM84au

From: The122GProject@groups.io <The122GProject@groups.io> on behalf of Herbert Ullmann via groups.io <af4jf=ullmann.us@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2021 10:35 AM
To: The122GProject@groups.io <the122gproject@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [The122GProject] 1PPS Source

This module should be capable of providing 10MHz reference too, see attached paper. Note that the module says "NEO-7M" but looks different from the module we tested this with years ago.

73 Herbert
AF4JF

On Saturday, February 13, 2021, 08:25:39 AM CST, Don Woodward <dbwoodw@...> wrote:

I decided to test one of these $10.99 NEO-7M units out while waiting on my units to arrive.

The timing looks to be very good - see scope output below.

I am using a puck antenna, and inside near a south facing window.  I have not tested without the puck since multiple reviews said to use an external antenna.

Amazon.com: HiLetgo NEO-7M GPS Satellite Positioning Module for Arduino STM32 C51 Replace NEO-6M 3.3V/5V Power Supply: Computers &amp; Accessories

73's

Don W.
KD4APP
EM84au

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join The122GProject@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.