Topics

WoFun Miniatures

Bob

Don't know if you guys have seen these figures.
WoFun Miniatures
Pre-printed plastic flats.
18mm and 28mm

https://raven-banner-games.mybigcommerce.com/wof/

Kochese (Larry)

Flats... No Way... especially Plastic. Der Zinn Figure back in the day made the best metal Flats. Still... Flats... Nope!

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:00 PM Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:
Don't know if you guys have seen these figures.
WoFun Miniatures
Pre-printed plastic flats.
18mm and 28mm

https://raven-banner-games.mybigcommerce.com/wof/

Dan H

I have to say, while I am not a fan of flats, sometimes they intrigue me.  The idea of cost effective pre printed is interesting.  I need another style like not at all.  18mm seems a mistake though.  I’ve seen 30mm flats and you build quite a atylized spectacle.

What is fun about this group is the diversity of playing   54mm to micro and then various period.  Let many flowers bloom.

I just don’t have time to keep adding more and playing more.

On Aug 6, 2020, at 8:45 PM, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:

Flats... No Way... especially Plastic. Der Zinn Figure back in the day made the best metal Flats. Still... Flats... Nope!

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:00 PM Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:
Don't know if you guys have seen these figures.
WoFun Miniatures
Pre-printed plastic flats.
18mm and 28mm

https://raven-banner-games.mybigcommerce.com/wof/

Sylvain Durand

Dan,
Flats used to be big in France for a very long time.
I saw flats for the first time at the museum of figurines in Compiegne, France.
There was a representation of Waterloo with 1000s of them.
I was 16 and decided to start painting after seeing them. Then I started gaming. So they have positive :-)

Here is a picture I found with google

Sylvain

On Aug 7, 2020, at 7:00 AM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:

[...]

I agree.
I’ve seen some amazing museums with them.
I’ve some at game conventions too.
As I said intriguing and the potential for cheap mass produced.  May be a better history route to hook youngsters too.  I just can’t add another style for my collection

On Aug 7, 2020, at 7:25 AM, Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc@...> wrote:

 Dan,
Flats used to be big in France for a very long time.
I saw flats for the first time at the museum of figurines in Compiegne, France.
There was a representation of Waterloo with 1000s of them.
I was 16 and decided to start painting after seeing them. Then I started gaming. So they have positive :-)

Here is a picture I found with google
<image0.jpeg>

[...]

I hear you, My unpainted lead is about three times my life expectancy.
Then I saw the war of the triple alliance of the Perry’s. Tough decisions to make :-)

Sylvain