Topics

WoFun Miniatures

Bob

Don't know if you guys have seen these figures.
WoFun Miniatures
Pre-printed plastic flats.
18mm and 28mm

https://raven-banner-games.mybigcommerce.com/wof/

Kochese (Larry)

Flats... No Way... especially Plastic. Der Zinn Figure back in the day made the best metal Flats. Still... Flats... Nope!

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:00 PM Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:
WoFun Miniatures
18mm and 28mm

Dan H

I have to say, while I am not a fan of flats, sometimes they intrigue me.  The idea of cost effective pre printed is interesting.  I need another style like not at all.  18mm seems a mistake though.  I’ve seen 30mm flats and you build quite a atylized spectacle.  

What is fun about this group is the diversity of playing   54mm to micro and then various period.  Let many flowers bloom.   

I just don’t have time to keep adding more and playing more.  

On Aug 6, 2020, at 8:45 PM, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:

Flats... No Way... especially Plastic. Der Zinn Figure back in the day made the best metal Flats. Still... Flats... Nope!

WoFun Miniatures
18mm and 28mm

Sylvain Durand

Dan,
Flats used to be big in France for a very long time. 
I saw flats for the first time at the museum of figurines in Compiegne, France. 
There was a representation of Waterloo with 1000s of them. 
I was 16 and decided to start painting after seeing them. Then I started gaming. So they have positive :-)

Here is a picture I found with google

Sylvain

On Aug 7, 2020, at 7:00 AM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:

I have to say, while I am not a fan of flats, sometimes they intrigue me.  The idea of cost effective pre printed is interesting.  I need another style like not at all.  18mm seems a mistake though.  I’ve seen 30mm flats and you build quite a atylized spectacle.  

What is fun about this group is the diversity of playing   54mm to micro and then various period.  Let many flowers bloom.   

WoFun Miniatures
18mm and 28mm

Dan H

I agree. 
I’ve seen some amazing museums with them. 
I’ve some at game conventions too. 
As I said intriguing and the potential for cheap mass produced.  May be a better history route to hook youngsters too.  I just can’t add another style for my collection 

On Aug 7, 2020, at 7:25 AM, Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc@...> wrote:

Dan,
I was 16 and decided to start painting after seeing them. Then I started gaming. So they have positive :-)

<image0.jpeg>

Sylvain

WoFun Miniatures
18mm and 28mm

Sylvain Durand

Dan 
I hear you, My unpainted lead is about three times my life expectancy.
Then I saw the war of the triple alliance of the Perry’s. Tough decisions to make :-)

Sylvain

On Aug 7, 2020, at 7:53 AM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:

I agree. 
I’ve seen some amazing museums with them. 
I’ve some at game conventions too. 
As I said intriguing and the potential for cheap mass produced.  May be a better history route to hook youngsters too.  I just can’t add another style for my collection 

On Aug 7, 2020, at 7:25 AM, Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc@...> wrote:

Dan,

<image0.jpeg>

Sylvain

WoFun Miniatures
18mm and 28mm