Topics

Volley fire markers

Bob

Here’s my first try at making a volley fire smoke marker.

Not too bad for a first attempt.

Thomas

Bob,

I know I've been under a rock for ages but I've got some candle flicker LEDs that might work nice as well if you're interested. How did you get the different timings? They look really good!

Thomas

On August 5, 2020 09:03:19 "Bob" <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

Sylvain Durand

Bob
It looks really good

Thomas,
We missed you for the large Lion Rampant Game !!!

Sylvain

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 09:05:28 AM MST, Thomas <thomas.foulds@...> wrote:

Bob,

I know I've been under a rock for ages but I've got some candle flicker LEDs that might work nice as well if you're interested. How did you get the different timings? They look really good!

Thomas

Thomas

Sylvain,

I know and I'm so sorry I missed it. Hopefully we can do a revisit sometime soon! My excuse however is that we just bought and moved into a house in McCormick Ranch so that whole process has been the focus of all of our time and attention lately. Now with the move mostly over I hope to get back out to games with you guys soon!

Thomas

On August 5, 2020 09:15:59 "Sylvain Durand via groups.io" <Sylvainnc@...> wrote:

Bob
It looks really good

Thomas,

Sylvain

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 09:05:28 AM MST, Thomas <thomas.foulds@...> wrote:

Bob,

Thomas

Bob

There’s a good tutorial on Little Wars TV. 
The LED’s automatically randomly blink. 

I made a base that holds the batteries and then made a mold of it so I can cast a bunch of them. 

The resin base, some hot glue (instead of tape), lights, fiberfill, and batteries is all I needed. 

The candle lights that flicker are a bit big for this. But I’ve seen some good flame markers using those. 

Bob

On Aug 5, 2020, at 9:05 AM, Thomas <thomas.foulds@...> wrote:

Bob,

Thomas

Thomas

Bob,

Yeah I've made the flame markers with the store bought candles too and they do look quite nice. But what I meant was I have some of just the LEDs that would go inside of those candles as loose parts. They're I think the 3mm size but I could check. They wire up just the same but they've got the flicker instead of just winking on and off.

Anywho I like how they look and look forward to them in some of our Napoleonic games.

Thomas

On August 5, 2020 09:22:52 "Bob" <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

There’s a good tutorial on Little Wars TV. 
The LED’s automatically randomly blink. 

I made a base that holds the batteries and then made a mold of it so I can cast a bunch of them. 

The resin base, some hot glue (instead of tape), lights, fiberfill, and batteries is all I needed. 

The candle lights that flicker are a bit big for this. But I’ve seen some good flame markers using those. 

Bob

On Aug 5, 2020, at 9:05 AM, Thomas <thomas.foulds@...> wrote:

Bob,

Thomas

It does look pretty good.
Ray

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/5/20 09:03 (GMT-07:00)
To: The Table Top Gaming Society <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Subject: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Volley fire markers

Sylvain Durand

Thomas. 
Congrats on the new home. Do you have a gaming room? I had to ask :-)

Sylvain

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 09:22:22 AM MST, Thomas <thomas.foulds@...> wrote:

Sylvain,

I know and I'm so sorry I missed it. Hopefully we can do a revisit sometime soon! My excuse however is that we just bought and moved into a house in McCormick Ranch so that whole process has been the focus of all of our time and attention lately. Now with the move mostly over I hope to get back out to games with you guys soon!

Thomas

On August 5, 2020 09:15:59 "Sylvain Durand via groups.io" <Sylvainnc@...> wrote:

Bob
It looks really good

Thomas,

Sylvain

Bob,

Thomas

Dan H

Thomas, that puts you “relatively” close to me in PV.

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 9:22 AM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Volley fire markers

Sylvain,

Thomas

Bob

It looks really good

Thomas,

Sylvain

Bob,

Thomas

Thomas

Oh nice! Yeah we're at like Pima and Indian Bend. And Sylvain, no dedicated game room but a bigger office with plenty of room for gaming activities. So a definite move up from the 1000sqft apartment.

Thomas

On August 5, 2020 17:29:06 "Dan H" <danh@...> wrote:

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Thomas

Sylvain,

Thomas

Bob

It looks really good

Thomas,

Sylvain

Bob,

Thomas

jeffriecohen@...

I am looking forward to having a 16 foot x 6 foot table set up maybe December/January time frame

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, Aug 5, 2020 6:44 pm

Oh nice! Yeah we're at like Pima and Indian Bend. And Sylvain, no dedicated game room but a bigger office with plenty of room for gaming activities. So a definite move up from the 1000sqft apartment.

Thomas

Sylvain,

Thomas

Bob
It looks really good

Thomas,

Sylvain

Bob,

Thomas

Bob

That’s a good sized table. Bigger than mine.

The table in my war room is 6’ x 14.5’ with a 5.5‘ x 14’ playing surface. 

Bob

Sylvain Durand

Jeff,
Looking for playing on your table again
That Battle of the Bulge game was amazing on the long table

Sylvain

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 08:53:26 PM MST, jeffriecohen via groups.io <jeffriecohen@...> wrote:

I am looking forward to having a 16 foot x 6 foot table set up maybe December/January time frame

Thomas

Sylvain,

Thomas

Bob
It looks really good

Thomas,

Sylvain

Bob,

Thomas

jeffriecohen@...

Unfortunately due to the confines of the new space the table will need to be cut back from 18 feet to 16. Since I was not able to bring with my terrain boards I will be making new ones starting with Jena & Auerstadt. Soon to be followed by Borodino. I also plan on getting the Marengo battle mat. Once the game room is set and organized then I will be able to host games for: Age of Eagles (Napoleonic's & Crimean War), Black Seas & Cruel Seas, All Quiet on the Martian Front, Team Yankee, WWI & WWII.

Sent: Thu, Aug 6, 2020 7:56 am

Bob

jeffriecohen@...

Sylvain,

It was a pretty good game. Since the new version of the rules I have been selling off alot of my WWII collection and not sure how much I will keep. Once the game room is set I plan on laying out and reorganizing all my collections and determine what stays and what goes. Then I will host my 1st Western miniatures garage sale.  

Sent: Thu, Aug 6, 2020 8:00 am

Jeff,
Looking for playing on your table again
That Battle of the Bulge game was amazing on the long table

Sylvain

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 08:53:26 PM MST, jeffriecohen via groups.io <jeffriecohen@...> wrote:

Thomas

Sylvain,

Thomas

Bob
It looks really good

Thomas,

Sylvain

Bob,

Thomas

Bob

Have you found a company that actually makes game mats big enough to fit your table?   They all seem to think that 4’ x 6’ is what everyone plays on. 

On Aug 6, 2020, at 8:06 AM, jeffriecohen via groups.io <jeffriecohen@...> wrote:

Unfortunately due to the confines of the new space the table will need to be cut back from 18 feet to 16. Since I was not able to bring with my terrain boards I will be making new ones starting with Jena & Auerstadt. Soon to be followed by Borodino. I also plan on getting the Marengo battle mat. Once the game room is set and organized then I will be able to host games for: Age of Eagles (Napoleonic's & Crimean War), Black Seas & Cruel Seas, All Quiet on the Martian Front, Team Yankee, WWI & WWII.

Bob

jeffriecohen@...

The Marengo battlefield is roughly 4 x 6 so that works fine. For the naval games I have used several matts to cover the table and that has worked well. I have some city matts that link up to make a bigger playing area. 

Sent: Thu, Aug 6, 2020 8:37 am

Have you found a company that actually makes game mats big enough to fit your table?   They all seem to think that 4’ x 6’ is what everyone plays on. 

On Aug 6, 2020, at 8:06 AM, jeffriecohen via groups.io <jeffriecohen@...> wrote:

Bob

Dan H

http://www.hotzmats.com/

does explicitly larger

http://cigarboxbattlestore.bigcartel.com/

have like 4-6” beyond their “published” size in my experience.

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of jeffriecohen via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 9:05 AM

The Marengo battlefield is roughly 4 x 6 so that works fine. For the naval games I have used several matts to cover the table and that has worked well. I have some city matts that link up to make a bigger playing area. 

Bob

Mike Dolan

Very Nice

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 9:03 AM Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

--
Mike Dolan

jeffriecohen@...

I probably have about 12 Cigarbox matts right now and plan on getting a few more. The hotzmats look interesting, I will probably look at getting some roads and fields at the least. I am always looking towards upgrading my terrain.

To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Aug 6, 2020 9:12 am

does explicitly larger

have like 4-6” beyond their “published” size in my experience.

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of jeffriecohen via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 9:05 AM

Bob