Topics

Rescue at F'het Huchini - Colonial Wargaming - Sat, 02/13/2021, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@...>

Reminder: Rescue at F'het Huchini - Colonial Wargaming

When: Saturday, 13 February 2021

Where:Bob's War Room

Organizer: Ed

The B'ha Loni Coast, Africa
Sometime in the late 19th century...

The Italian river outpost town of F'het Huchini is in danger.  The inland fort protecting the settlement was overrun some days ago by native tribesmen and the fort's garrison has been eliminated (presumed eaten!).  The remaining Italian troops are fighting a delaying action.   But the tribesmen are slowly advancing towards the town, enjoying their leftovers along the way.  They know there is no escape for the remaining delicious morsels.

The British have organized a rescue mission, even though they don't really care about Italians that much and would rather see them gone from B'ha Loni. However, standing by while Europeans are eaten is bad form in the eyes of the people back home.  So they are providing a contingent of regular and naval troops and the seaborne transportation for an international force to go into the town.  The mission will be arriving in small boats down the F'het Tidd river under cover of darkness.  But by the time they arrive, the natives will have reached the ridge of low hills surrounding the town.  Can the town be evacuated in time? Or can the enemy be driven off and the grateful townspeople saved?

Be advised -- in this era of intrigue, it is not surprising that each Colonial force has its own secret and perhaps nefarious objectives...

Several native players, plus British, American, and French would be optimal.  15mm using Roolz 4 Foolz Colonial and Roolz 4 Foolz Naval - simple convention style rules, 1 page QRS

Kochese (Larry)

Ed,
Thanks for putting on a very entertaining game today. A lot of fun, and Bob thanks for a Great looking table. Hoping the Elefinks, crocs and Hippos get into it the next time.

I had a lot of fun. Congratulations on writing a good ruleset. This is far from being easy

Here are the pictures I took

Sylvain

On Feb 13, 2021, at 7:46 PM, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:

Ed,
Thanks for putting on a very entertaining game today. A lot of fun, and Bob thanks for a Great looking table. Hoping the Elefinks, crocs and Hippos get into it the next time.

Here are my pics.

Ed

Thanks Guys.  I enjoyed it too.

You did a good job moving fast and mowing down the attacking natives.

A moment of silence for the French Foreign Legion who were all killed defending the Church!

You accomplished the mission and left behind some lovely smoking wreckage!

On 2/13/2021 8:09 PM, Bob wrote:
Here are my pics.

I'm so jealous....and sad. 😢😢😢 Wish I'd been there.

Ray