From: Kevin Cabai - President HMGS-Midwest <BOD@...>
Date: March 13, 2020 at 12:12:24 PM MST
To: sylvainnc@...
Subject: Little Wars Update, March 13th

The Westin Lombard, Yorktown Center, 70 Yorktown Center, Lombard, IL 60148

Thursday - April 23, 2020 (5PM-Midnight)

Friday - April 24, 2020 (8AM-Midnight)

Saturday - April 25, 2020 (8AM-Midnight)

Sunday - April 26, 2020 (8AM - 6PM)

Greetings  Fellow Gamers,

As I write this, we are 41 days away from Little Wars. If I could predict what could happen, I would be living in Las Vegas and not enduring the Chicago winters.

The BOD has voted to continue with the convention and as of now Little Wars is on.

We are also experiencing surge in registrations, because of the Adepticon cancellation. We have measures in place so that we will not exceed the 1,000 attendee numbers. (That would have been a first for us)

We are working with the Lomabard, Westin. The Hotel has been extremely busy, instituting increased sanitation programs. We have reps at Cold Wars, to help us determine what are and are not, effective measures. Next week we will be publishing our COVID 19, convention protocols.

Lastly, we are all comrades in this together, so first and foremost in our minds is the well being of our attendees. To that end are striving to create as safe as an environment as we can. We respect, the final decision to come or not, is ultimately up to the individual. Let us wait and see what develops in the next 6 weeks.

If you have any questions, concerns, or offers to help, I encourage you contact me directly.

Kevin Cabai
President@...

Visit HMGS-Midwest Tabletop Events
Visit HMGS-Midwest
Facebook
Twitter
Link
Website

This email was sent to sylvainnc@...
HMGS Midwest · 1000 Hart Rd Fl 300 · Barrington, IL 60010-2624 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

Bob

Sorry to hear that.
Isn’t mass hysteria a marvelous thing?

On Mar 13, 2020, at 12:18 PM, Sylvain via Groups.Io <Sylvainnc@...> wrote:

FYI about little wars
I am not going. I cancelled all my plane trips till June

Sylvain

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kevin Cabai - President HMGS-Midwest <BOD@...>
Date: March 13, 2020 at 12:12:24 PM MST
To: sylvainnc@...

[...]

Sylvain Durand

Well one trip was to Seattle and one to Switzerland.
Not the best places to go now

Sylvain

From: Kevin Cabai - President HMGS-Midwest <BOD@...>
Date: March 13, 2020 at 12:12:24 PM MST
To: sylvainnc@...

[...]

El Rolando

I'm still going, plane ticket was 67 bucks. Spoke with Kevin on the phone yesterday and he said they plan to go forward with the con unless the state of Illinois makes them cancel.

Since Adepticon cancelled I guess there are going to be more vendors at Little Wars this year as well.