Topics

Lion Rampant Big Battle Game

Sylvain

Bob and other Lion Rampant Fans,

I am making progress on my Moors and Spanish for a big battle game.
I have twisted the rules for a Big Battle adding strategic moves. I added some suggestions from Dave such as an evade means activation for next turn. I have added the Counter Charge as an Activation, I also combine the QRS and the rules in a single sheet and added the colored markers (I have a good set of colored chip)

I am attaching it so we can discuss later.

Sylvain,

I reviewed your outline. Nice work.
I made a few notes for discussion and/or clarification.
See the attached WORD doc, I tracked the changes so you can see what I did.

Click “View” , “Markups”. If you can’t see my notes.
Turn on “Track Changes” if you want to continue tracking any modifications.

Bob

On Jan 29, 2020, at 11:24 PM, Sylvain via Groups.Io <Sylvainnc@...> wrote:

Bob and other Lion Rampant Fans,

I am making progress on my Moors and Spanish for a big battle game.
I have twisted the rules for a Big Battle adding strategic moves. I added some suggestions from Dave such as an evade means activation for next turn. I have added the Counter Charge as an Activation, I also combine the QRS and the rules in a single sheet and added the colored markers (I have a good set of colored chip)

I am attaching it so we can discuss later.

Sylvain
<Lion Rampant Big Battle Game.docx>

Thanks for the Edit. I updated the Sheet.
The CinC is something I came up yesterday, The intent is to model multiple players. It is free unit but an half strength of 3 Mounted Men at Arms. It cannot do anything but move or defend in Melee.
I have prepared miniatures that will be based 3 on a 2 inches round base together to represent the leader (my Retinue Leaders are 2 on a base)
As a club we can decide how to represent the leader. We can have the loss of the leader meaning the loss of the battle (a medieval leader loss is pretty bad) or just the loss of the Activation chips
I took your idea of one failure per player plus distributed chips. This time, I added that chips should be distributed at the beginning of the turn.
I have also updated the sequence that all wild charges have to occur before any players starts activating (Michael M. will love this rule so this time I cannot burn all the chips before he finishes his first charge)
The Strategic move beyond 24" is my add too. It will speed up the game for reinforcement and early turns.
I extended the +1 to Retinue Leader or CinC which means, not cumulative

As always, as a club we can decide how we tweak the rules
When it is stable, I would not mind sending a copy to the authors

Sylvain

On Thursday, January 30, 2020, 09:44:14 AM MST, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

[...]

Kochese (Larry)

Sylvain,
This looks pretty good. That said, I think the CinC and retinue leader should be cumulative rather either or.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 9:44 AM Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:
[...]

Good point, we can make it cumulative. Your leader helps by getting closer but he is at greater risk.

Sylvain

On Thursday, January 30, 2020, 02:30:57 PM MST, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, but that makes it a command decision to risk the Top Dog.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 2:37 PM Sylvain via Groups.Io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Larry
[...]

Exactly. You just convinced me

On Thursday, January 30, 2020, 02:39:17 PM MST, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:

[...]

Here is the updated QRS
By the way, I ordered the material to have movement trays. So it will make the game quicker
Regards

Sylvain

[...]

I have molds for movement trays.
All you need is the resin.

Hobby Lobby 40% off.
Get the app.

Bob

On Jan 30, 2020 at 3:02 PM, <Sylvain via Groups.Io> wrote:

Larry
[...]

Ed

I have some resin I will donate.   Might be out-of-date.  I'll bring it over.