From: database@...
Date: May 11, 2020 at 4:21:26 PM MST
Subject: Historicon Update

View in browser
HMGS Logo
Historicon 2020 Update

Hello everyone,

First, let me say that we hope this email finds you and your families both safe and well. This health crisis, the corresponding restrictions on all large gatherings, nationwide business closures, and resulting unemployment have crippled our economy and literally brought normal life to a standstill for many of us.

While we had hoped the current situation might change sooner rather than later, it is clear this will not happen. Therefore, it is with deep regret that we announce the cancellation of Historicon 2020.

The obstacles and hurdles to run Historicon 2020 would have been Herculean to overcome, even if the current gathering restrictions were lifted at some point before the convention. More importantly, we feel that the health risks to our attendees, vendors, volunteers, and staff are too great to proceed.

Obviously, all vendors that have already paid for booth space will be refunded in full. We have also confirmed with the Marriott hotel that any facility cancellation fees will be waived and HMGS is relieved from any financial obligations.

While we wish things had turned out differently for Historicon 2020, we will now concentrate on Fall-In! 2020 scheduled for November. Hopefully, we will be in a better situation by then and will continue to monitor developments for that and future shows.

So, in closing, please take care of yourselves, try to get some painting done, and plan on some great conventions when we have gotten through this.

John Spiess
President, HMGS Inc.
president@...

On behalf of the HMGS Board of Directors and Historicon Convention Staff.

brodgers.cell@... received this email from the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society, Inc. because you subscribed on our website, or attended one of our conventions.
Visit http://www.hmgs.org/members/EmailOptPreferences.aspx?id=54337145&e=brodgers.cell@...&h=c1ff7689abd73594760a063b2cefb1a5203b6d03 to change your email preferences.

Hope I can get my airline tickets refunded....!

Ray

[...]

Mike Dolan

I'll let you know if I find out how I have any luck as well.