Topics

Great game Today

Kochese (Larry)

Thank you Sylvain for putting on the game.
Liked the Rules. With a little tweaking, could work.

Sylvain Durand

Bob and Larry,

Thank you. I really enjoyed it.

I saw two misses in the charts:
1)Units are not penalized for not having bayonets. There should be an additional -1 for militia morale checks for being charged with bayonets. And in melee there should be another -1 for infantry without bayonets. 
2)There is no reaction to neighboring units when a unit gets broken or routs. There should be a morale check for all units seeing the rout of a unit being of equal or higher class. (Let’s say within 8 inches. The movement of a line)
Same there should be a morale check when Unit sees a unit of higher class retiring broken. I can only imagine what happens for other units when the guard is broken or routs :-)

We also need a roll of initiative for movement and I have to reread the rules especially the rules for secure flank

The rest looked fine. 

I now have an excuse for buying the Third version 

Sylvain

On Jan 16, 2021, at 6:40 PM, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:

Kochese (Larry)

I agree

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021, 7:34 PM Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bob and Larry,

Thank you. I really enjoyed it.

I saw two misses in the charts:
1)Units are not penalized for not having bayonets. There should be an additional -1 for militia morale checks for being charged with bayonets. And in melee there should be another -1 for infantry without bayonets. 
2)There is no reaction to neighboring units when a unit gets broken or routs. There should be a morale check for all units seeing the rout of a unit being of equal or higher class. (Let’s say within 8 inches. The movement of a line)
Same there should be a morale check when Unit sees a unit of higher class retiring broken. I can only imagine what happens for other units when the guard is broken or routs :-)

We also need a roll of initiative for movement and I have to reread the rules especially the rules for secure flank

The rest looked fine. 

I now have an excuse for buying the Third version 

Sylvain

On Jan 16, 2021, at 6:40 PM, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote: