Topics

Finished quarantine project. Angolan bush wars

 My goal was to finish off the armored vehicles for the Angolan/Cuban forces during the Bush wars between Angola and South Africa.  The Angolan vehicles are done and based. Now I just need to do infantry.

 And here are the South African forces. I need to do a few more infantry for them, too.  I've based them with the idea of using them with Cold War Commander, which I have used in the past for this period.

 Although these are called Bush wars, there was actually a pretty active armor versus armor series of battles between the Angolans and Cubans, and the South African forces.

Edited

Ray
Those look nice. Over a year ago, one of my clients told me that he was a vehicle repairmen during this war. He is South African and was only a few miles from the frontline. He was very proud to have stopped the commies progressing South

On my side, I have painted around 250 militia for my 28mm Rev War. I should be done with the militia in a couple of weeks. Then the Regulars, I am keeping the Red Targets for the end.

Sylvain

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 03:50:24 PM MST, Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:

 My goal was to finish off the armored vehicles for the Angolan/Cuban forces during the Bush wars between Angola and South Africa.  The Angolan vehicles are done and based. Now I just need to do infantry.

 And here are the South African forces. I need to do a few more infantry for them, too.  I've based them with the idea of using them with Cold War Commander, which I have used in the past for this period.

 Although these are called Bush wars, there was actually a pretty active armor versus armor series of battles between the Angolans and Cubans, and the South African forces.

Edited

"Red targets"  i love it!

From: "Sylvain via groups.io" <Sylvainnc@...>
Date: 5/22/20 15:54 (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Finished quarantine project. Angolan bush wars

[...]

I'll take Jeb, you can have George.  Who gets stuck with Neil?

From: Ray Levesque <raylev3@...>
Date: 5/22/20 3:50 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

 My goal was to finish off the armored vehicles for the Angolan/Cuban forces during the Bush wars between Angola and South Africa.  The Angolan vehicles are done and based. Now I just need to do infantry.

 And here are the South African forces. I need to do a few more infantry for them, too.  I've based them with the idea of using them with Cold War Commander, which I have used in the past for this period.

 Although these are called Bush wars, there was actually a pretty active armor versus armor series of battles between the Angolans and Cubans, and the South African forces.

Edited

All Jokes aside, looking forward to this one Ray.

From: Ray Levesque <raylev3@...>
Date: 5/22/20 3:50 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

 My goal was to finish off the armored vehicles for the Angolan/Cuban forces during the Bush wars between Angola and South Africa.  The Angolan vehicles are done and based. Now I just need to do infantry.

 And here are the South African forces. I need to do a few more infantry for them, too.  I've based them with the idea of using them with Cold War Commander, which I have used in the past for this period.

 Although these are called Bush wars, there was actually a pretty active armor versus armor series of battles between the Angolans and Cubans, and the South African forces.

Edited

Couldn't help thinking that too!  Or maybe the Busch Wars.

Not too thrilled about playing Cold War Commander rules unless you spot me 1 free successful command roll!

Ed

From: Ray Levesque <raylev3@...>
Date: 5/22/20 3:50 PM (GMT-07:00)

 My goal was to finish off the armored vehicles for the Angolan/Cuban forces during the Bush wars between Angola and South Africa.  The Angolan vehicles are done and based. Now I just need to do infantry.

 And here are the South African forces. I need to do a few more infantry for them, too.  I've based them with the idea of using them with Cold War Commander, which I have used in the past for this period.

 Although these are called Bush wars, there was actually a pretty active armor versus armor series of battles between the Angolans and Cubans, and the South African forces.

Mike Dolan

Edited

Totally Excellent!

image.png