Topics

Event: Battle of Bonking - Saturday, 25 July 2020 #cal-invite

The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@...>

Battle of Bonking

When:
Saturday, 25 July 2020
5:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:
Bob's Joint

Organizer: Larry

ECW, Tilly's at it Again! New Addendum sheet for ECW. Somebody is going to have a Bad Day!

David R

I will attend. When I click on the RSVP there is not a place to RSVP.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 6:04 PM The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> wrote:

Battle of Bonking

When:
Saturday, 25 July 2020
5:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:
Bob's Joint

Organizer: Larry

ECW, Tilly's at it Again! New Addendum sheet for ECW. Somebody is going to have a Bad Day!

Bob

Scroll down a bit and you will see four boxes. Click on the one that says WILL ATTEND.

Everybody gets the same email reminder.
I just clicked on the link in your message and it worked.
So, yes it’s there.

Bob

On Jul 17, 2020, at 7:19 AM, David R <rodgersdavid598@...> wrote:

I will attend. When I click on the RSVP there is not a place to RSVP.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 6:04 PM The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> wrote:

Battle of Bonking

When:
Saturday, 25 July 2020
5:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:
Bob's Joint

Organizer: Larry

ECW, Tilly's at it Again! New Addendum sheet for ECW. Somebody is going to have a Bad Day!

Bob

If the reminders are going into your spam folder then it may be disabling the links.
Make sure you’re responding from your inbox.

On Jul 17, 2020, at 7:19 AM, David R <rodgersdavid598@...> wrote:

I will attend. When I click on the RSVP there is not a place to RSVP.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 6:04 PM The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> wrote:

Battle of Bonking

When:
Saturday, 25 July 2020
5:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:
Bob's Joint

Organizer: Larry

ECW, Tilly's at it Again! New Addendum sheet for ECW. Somebody is going to have a Bad Day!

Mike Dolan

I haven't seen the RSVP options either since you restarted posting games, as well.

--
Mike Dolan

Bob

I didn't change anyone's settings.
In the past Mark wasn't geting some of the messages from the group because his provider thought it was spam.
Also, you can check your own machine's spam filters.

You can also try subscribing to the calendar.
Open the club calendar, scroll to the bottom and click the "subscribe to calendar" link.
Follow the instructions and the group calendar will automatically update your computer's calendar and notify you of events.

Also, here is the FAQ from the group.
You can check your individual settings and bounce history to see if something was inadvertently blocked.

Q: I am not receiving email messages from a group I joined. What should I do?

A: Here are some things you can check:

  • In Groups.io:
    • Are the missing messages listed on the Recent Bounces page (https://groups.io/account?page=bounces) for your Groups.io account?
    • Are the missing messages listed on your Email Delivery History page in that group?
      (On the group’s website, click Subscription in the left navigation menu, then click the Email Delivery History button at the top of your subscription page.)
    • Were the messages posted to a topic that you muted?
    • Is your Groups.io account in Bouncing (or Bounced) status?
    • Is your email delivery preference for the group set to Individual Messages?
      (On the group’s website, click Subscription in the left navigation menu, then check the Email Delivery panel on your subscription page.)
    • Is your message selection preference for the group set to All Messages?
      (On the group’s website, click Subscription in the left navigation menu, expand the Advanced Preferences panel on your subscription page, and look under Message Selection.)
    • Do the missing messages contain a hashtag that has the No Email property?
    • Do the missing messages contain a hashtag that you have muted?
  • In your email application or the email provider’s webmail interface:
    • Have you set a filter that blocks or redirects some (or all) group messages?
    • Are group messages getting delivered to your email service’s spam (or trash or other junk mail) folder?
    • Are you using Microsoft Exchange for your email? If so, send an email to support@groups.io and inform them that you are using Exchange. The support team will make an adjustment so all group email messages sent to you will have the From line rewritten, which will fix the issue.

Mike Dolan

Hmm no such link visible to me on the calendar page.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 1:23 PM Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:
I didn't change anyone's settings.
In the past Mark wasn't geting some of the messages from the group because his provider thought it was spam.
Also, you can check your own machine's spam filters.

You can also try subscribing to the calendar.
Open the club calendar, scroll to the bottom and click the "subscribe to calendar" link.
Follow the instructions and the group calendar will automatically update your computer's calendar and notify you of events.

Also, here is the FAQ from the group.
You can check your individual settings and bounce history to see if something was inadvertently blocked.

Q: I am not receiving email messages from a group I joined. What should I do?

A: Here are some things you can check:

[...]

There are two blue boxes at the bottom of the calendar. One says “add event” and the other says “subscribe to calendar”.
If your profile settings haven’t been changed then I’m not sure what’s going on.

You could try the groups.io technical support. Maybe they’ll be more helpful.

On Jul 17, 2020, at 1:39 PM, Mike Dolan <dolanz999@...> wrote:

Hmm no such link visible to me on the calendar page.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 1:23 PM Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:
I didn't change anyone's settings.
In the past Mark wasn't geting some of the messages from the group because his provider thought it was spam.
Also, you can check your own machine's spam filters.

You can also try subscribing to the calendar.
Open the club calendar, scroll to the bottom and click the "subscribe to calendar" link.
Follow the instructions and the group calendar will automatically update your computer's calendar and notify you of events.

Also, here is the FAQ from the group.
You can check your individual settings and bounce history to see if something was inadvertently blocked.

Q: I am not receiving email messages from a group I joined. What should I do?

A: Here are some things you can check:

[...]

I only see "Post Event" no Subscribe to Calendar, just sayin'

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 1:58 PM Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:
[...]

A: Here are some things you can check:

[...]

Ed

What I have to do is click the "your subscription" lin at the bottom of this email, then I log in with google, go to the message list, click the post and the RSVP link is at the end of the post.  I haven't found any other way to get the RSVP to come up.

On 7/18/2020 10:33 AM, Mike Dolan wrote:
[...]

A: Here are some things you can check:

[...]

Does the RSVP link show up if you open the event in the Groups calendar?

In the FAQ it mentions that if your provider uses Microsoft Exchange you can email support@groups.io and they’ll fix it.
Maybe try that?

On Jul 18, 2020, at 11:30 AM, Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:

[...]

A: Here are some things you can check:

[...]

Old Mike’s crying has worn me down.
I sent a request to groups support to find out why they hate some of you. I’ll let you know what they say if/when they respond.

Bob

On Jul 18, 2020, at 11:54 AM, Bob via groups.io <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

[...]

A: Here are some things you can check:

[...]

Thanks Ed I didn't think I was that far gone yet but..........

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 11:30 AM Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
[...]

A: Here are some things you can check:

[...]

I protest,  that was merely sniveling.  And this is not an argument

On Jul 18, 2020, at 11:54 AM, Bob via groups.io <brodgers.cell=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

A: Here are some things you can check:

[...]

Not an argument. But it is an interesting puzzle.
So, stop arguing about whether or not this is an argument !

On Jul 18, 2020, at 1:36 PM, Mike Dolan <dolanz999@...> wrote:

[...]

A: Here are some things you can check:

[...]

Events are now open for Cyber Wars from HMGS for next week. They are Free and I have registered for a Command and Colors game next Sunday. Here is the link to the events currently posted:
 Mike Dolan

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 1:37 PM Mike Dolan via groups.io <dolanz999=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

A: Here are some things you can check: